Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LN52A550P3 - Powers on and off trying to obtain pic

by striguy / February 5, 2010 1:11 PM PST

When i turn on my 52 inch samsung lcd 1080p it sometimes gives me a static sound and a scrambled picture. The tv then turns itself off automatically then turns itself back on and off till the picture clears up. This is all done automatically with the push of one button. I have tried hooking it up to differnet components, cables, and input styles with no luck. I did update the firmware, and that seemed to cure it, but only for a few days. This started about two months ago, it would cycle two or three times, 27 yeasterday, and today I let it cycle from 6 PM until 10 PM. The set looks great once it locks in the picture the first time, and I have no issues switching from source to source after the picture is initallyh obtained. Its just my luck that it would fail superbowl weekend.

Any ideas, or at least a cost estimate of what it will take to get it fixed?

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LN52A550P3 - Powers on and off trying to obtain pic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LN52A550P3 - Powers on and off trying to obtain pic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LN52A550P3 - Powers on and off trying to obtain pic
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2010 9:19 AM PST
Collapse -
Samsung LN52A550P3 - So what next
by striguy / February 7, 2010 1:58 AM PST

Thank you for your reply, what I really wnat to know is if it is repairable? There are 100s of users out there reporting the same problem, and I have not seen any resolutions. At what time is Samsung planning on stepping up to the plate and admitting they have a problem.

Any suggestion would help.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Samsung LN52A550P3 - So what next
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 7, 2010 1:35 PM PST

striguy,

In most cases, it's likely repairable. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure without inspecting the unit.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?