A lot of issues with this, and I've seen a lot of solutions. Here's what seemed to work for me:
1. I have the Wireless dongle (I'm running DLNA between the TV and my PC wirelessly, and therefore am not using the PC Share application).
2. I'm working with a D-link DIR 655 router
(I switched to this from Linksys because the latter was more problematic to setup with the TV (look for "Gateway Ping" and you'll see a lot of issues there as well.)
3. I enabled both Upnp and Multicast on the router
4. I shut off the homegroups for Windows 7
5. The Play To Icon is still greyed out in WMP 12, but right clicking on files does bring up the Play To prompt, and my TV is listed.
6. In the Windows Network and Sharing Map, I saw several the TV listed 4 times, not in the map itself, but at the bottom under: "The following discovered devices(s) can not be placed in the map". Right clicking on 3 only brought up the "Create Shortcut / Properties" menu, but the last one brought up an Install prompt. I chose install.
7. I enabled Streaming Media (which can be done either through WMP or through Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center / Advanced Sharing Settings).
p.s. I hadn't actually even realized the beauty of DLNA, but suddenly my PC showed up on the source menu (on the TV) and my jaw dropped when I realized what it did. Then, the next day it was gone, and I've spent the last 3 days trying to figure out how to get it back! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it stays fixed.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?