Samsung forum

General discussion

SAMSUNG LN46A650, I CAN'T GET TO SOME SETTINGS

Hi, i have my Samsung LN46A650 conected via HDMI with the Panasonic Blu-ray Home theater system. I read the review for SAMSUNG LN52A650, there you have some Dark-room picture settings for the Samsung LN52A650. I tried to follow them but when i get to the picture option submenu it won't let me change it to:

DNIe: [grayed out]

HDMI black level: [grayed out]

Film mode: [grayed out]

They are just like not avaliable, skips from DIGITAL NR to BLUE ONLY MODE. I am trying to get the best from my tv so i will appreciate if you could help me with this, thanks.
The actual setting are like this:

DNIe: [OFF]

HDMI black level: [NORMAL]

Film mode: [OFF]

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG LN46A650, I CAN'T GET TO SOME SETTINGS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG LN46A650, I CAN'T GET TO SOME SETTINGS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dynamic Mode?

In reply to: SAMSUNG LN46A650, I CAN'T GET TO SOME SETTINGS

Change your default setting to Standard or Movie (But not Dynamic) and try to input those settings again.

--HDTech

Collapse -
MOVIE MODE

In reply to: Dynamic Mode?

Collapse -
Need help

In reply to: Dynamic Mode?

Please, need some help in this matter,

Thanks

Collapse -
Haven't forgotten you...

In reply to: Need help

Still waiting to see what would cause those issues to gray out.

Sorry about the delay, but I'm working to figure it out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Entertainment Mode Toggle

In reply to: Haven't forgotten you...

There are two menu options. One is in picture, which we've already noted can't be on dynamic. The other is a setting in the Tools Menu, and I'm going to walk you through that here. After you're done toggling away from "Entertainment" Mode, you should be able to toggle the variables you listed prior.

On the remote, on the upper left hand side of the wheel, there should be a button that says "Tools". Press that, and a menu button should appear. From there, press the down arrow key to Picture Mode, and from what I'm guessing, you have "Entertainment" mode selected. Select Standard or Movie mode instead. One of those two options should make those grayed out defaults appear once you've set the Picture Mode and exit out of Tools.

Entertainment mode is a good picture, but it does over-ride some of the other functionality by design. So we're undoing Entertainment Mode's settings so that you can go in set your own preferred settings.

Let me know how that works.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Also, analog settings

In reply to: Entertainment Mode Toggle

I almost forgot. Some options are grayed out, depending on the input. Naturally, Component won't have the HDMI-black-level option available, and there are some features that are input dependent.

--HDTech

Collapse -
HDMI/DVI

In reply to: Also, analog settings

Is it possible that these options are limited when connected to the HDMI/DVI input on the TV.

I ask because I have this same issue and I just assumed it had to do with the fact that I'm connected via my PC using that input to access Vista Media Center.

Collapse -
Not Limited...

In reply to: HDMI/DVI

Some of those options would be limited with component inputs, or S-Video, etc because the technology that is meant to improve certain signals only applies to certain physical inputs.

--HDTech

Collapse -
HDMI/DVI

In reply to: Not Limited...

when you say "Some are limited" can you give us a definate. when using the HDMI/DVI, which options are unavailable?

Collapse -
A list?

I don't have a printed list of feature sets for each input.

Maybe I can dig something up that lists that out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Film Mode setting

When trying to implement the CNET settings for the LN52A650, the "Film Mode" is grayed out (as it should be), but the problem is that it is set to "Auto" rather than "Off" as the settings suggest it should be. I do not have Entertainment mode on, and the picture is in Movie mode. In fact, I am able to adjust all the CNET-suggested settings except I don't know how to turn the film mode off. I am working with a Blu-ray 1080p HDMI input. Same results even with my cable DVR, which is a 1080i HDMI input.
I would think there is another "mode" it needs to be in temporarily in order to control the Film Mode, but I don't know what that is.

Collapse -
DNIe

DNIe is only available in dynamic mode.

Collapse -
To ungrey the FILM MODE..

My FILM MODE was grayed out, so what i had to do was, connect my cable box directly to my TV, then open up the VIDEO section and change the settings to 480i and bingo the FILM MODE appeared ..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.