HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

samsung ln40a55 lcd on off issue.

by sodslawireland / August 19, 2010 9:09 PM PDT

hi guys
i know there are a lot of threads on here about this issue but i just wanted to get a bit of clarity regarding my situation. i have the 40" lcd and yesterday it would not turn on, looked on here and couldnt believe how many people have same issue. i rang samsung and the guy on the phone made me think that they would fix the fault under one time faulty capacitor. so i rang service centre and they said it was not free and i would have to pay for full repair(few hundred).
so i rang back samsung (only 30 mins to get through!) and informed them again i had read about this issue and they said my tv was not one of the tvs with the capacitor fault also service centre said same. i then told them that i had taken back off tv and the 2 10v capacitors had bulged and one had black stuff coming from top.
they then said that this was the first tv they knew of that had this issue, even though theres loads on here purchased at same time and model number as mine. i am now having an engineer come out and he will see if the bulging capacitors are causing tv not to turn on.
is there any chance you guys think that the capacitors may not be the issue? i think its amazing that so many people have this fault, i know most of the boards have 6 x 10v caps but mine had 4 x 25v and 2 x 10v . the 10v were gone.
i think this issue is leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and it needs to be sorted once and for all. dont mess with peoples viewing samsung its nearly as bad as banning pitbulls in ireland. makes me mad!
so good luck to anyone else who is ringing samsung, you might want to check if the caps are blown first because if you dont you will have to pay.
steve

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung ln40a55 lcd on off issue.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung ln40a55 lcd on off issue.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same issue.
by joshb0t / March 21, 2012 8:34 AM PDT

I have the EXACT same issue. Bulging capacitors on the same model and it won't turn on. Common SAMSUNG get it together Sad

Collapse -
Check out this link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2012 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Same issue.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.