Question

Samsung Ln32c350d1dxza Negative image

I have a 32" Samsung LCD TV. worked great for a year, now it's constantly a photo negative or "moire" image. Recently a thin vertical black line has shown up down the center of the screen. I've followed the advice in other posts without any success.

I contacted samsung support and got little to no help. I was given a return number to ship it to New Jersey (75$). I'm in California. Seems pointless to send it to the east coast and rack up charges equal to replacing the TV.

Is there a board that needs replacement? Any DIY suggestions before I take a hammer to this TV? Any help is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Ln32c350d1dxza Negative image
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Ln32c350d1dxza Negative image
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
At one year, quick do this.

Head to samsung.com to get (most models) another 3 months warranty. And read your warranty. Some smaller models do not include on site repairs. So if you can get a 32 inch TV for 75 bucks, I'd like to find out where (I'm just down the coast from LA!)
bob

- Collapse -
No luck

Thanks for the idea but i've already registered the TV previously, like I said, I tried to send it back months ago. For fun, I tried again and was given the same option, to send it to Riverdale, NJ on my dime (75$). Then, once my TV is all the way across the united states they'll tell me how much it is to fix (hence my comment about it probably costing more to send and repair then to replace). I'm more then happy to sell you this TV for 75$...LOL

From my experience, Samsung doesn't care to stand behind their products. Every "customer service rep" I've talked to knows less about this TV then the consumer. They'd love to waste hours of my time blaming the issue on every other electronic piece of equipment under the same roof as this TV. GUESS WHAT, THE TV SUCKS!!! From the long list of "photo negative" info I've found online I'm guessing this is a product defect. Short of filing a class action lawsuit like the guys in Oklahoma did for the "on-off" and "clicking" issues, I guess I'm stuck with a defective TV. What a waste of time and money. I think its time to give up and go to another brand.... Landfill here we come!

On another note, anyone reading this trying to chose a brand? Stay away from samsung unless you want unanswered questions, crappy customer service and a product that can't last longer than a year. Go surf the countless dead ends and dead links on their website, that should be your first hint (or it should have been mine).

- Collapse -
Brand does not mean much today.

CNET Forums