Question

Samsung LN32B350F1D

Hello, I am new here and I'm hoping to get the solution to my problem. Little over 2years ago I purchased 2 Samsung Model: LN32B350F1D. One is still working fine and the other one got a black screen, looks like the TV is functioning fine except no picture even when I press the menu nothing shows. Just like most people on this site, the warranty expired and when I called Samsung they gave me the phone number of a local certified repair shop, I called the repair shop and they told me that I have to bring the TV to their shop and I have to pay upfront $100.00 just so they can look at it!! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN32B350F1D
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN32B350F1D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung LN32B350F1D

Hi kellz0007,

So I checked on your model to see if there's any further support I could give you, but I'd like to ask something: which country did you buy this TV in, the US or Mexico?

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Samsung LN32B350F1D

Hi, thanks for the reply!!
I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Regards,
Kelly

- Collapse -
Re: Samsung LN32B350F1D

Hi kellz0007,

OK, thanks for that. Unfortunately, I have information to support US products and customers only, so I'd like to help directly, but I can't; however, I can forward your information to my counterparts in Canada, so perhaps they can find another service center for you to contact. If you post your ticket number from your last contact, I'll forward that information along so they can contact you. Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Answer
re: Samsung LN32B350F1D

Your main board is probably bad. I had the power supply replaced under the class action suit and then replaced the main board myself when it went bad on my LCD set. Bad engineering and/or low quality control - essentially 100% of the electronics failed on a 4 year old set. I also have a Samsung DLP set that had 2 warranty repairs and probably has a main board going bad.I have learned my lesson - no more Samsung sets for me.

- Collapse -

You probably right, I guess the advice here is when you buy Samsung make sure you buy an extended warranty otherwise you will loose! As for trying to fix the TV myself I think it will be hard. thanks

- Collapse -

If you want to take a chance then open up the set and get the main board part number and order it over the internet. This stuff is just held together with screws.

- Collapse -
Samsung LN32B350F1D

Hi brozoe, I want try repairing this TV...any advice on where to buy the Main board?

- Collapse -
Samsung LN32B350F1D

Okay here is what I did.
As I mentioned at the beginning I own 2 identical TVs and one still working fine. I was brave enough to open the TV and experiment to find out the faulty part...so first I took the Main Board off the working set and installed it on the broken one and that didn't work so I put it back, then I took the power supply of the working set and installed it on the broken one and it worked. so now I know the problem is in the Power supply board. do I need to replace the whole board or a specific part on the board?

Thanks,

CNET Forums