General discussion

Samsung LN32A450 Power Light blinking, but does not power up

Jul 12, 2010 1:56AM PDT

When I woke up today I noticed that my TV power was blinking, when I tried turning it on it would not turn on.
I believe it could be some sort of surge that damaged the TV, even though I have APC Surge Protector I guess they don't work.

I believe it's been over a year since I've had my TV, but I was wondering if there will be any luck on getting any help before I open it up myself to check if the capacitors have been blown and replacing these myself?

I woke up at around 8AM today, I went to bed at around 3AM last night my TV was still working fine.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN32A450 Power Light blinking, but does not power up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN32A450 Power Light blinking, but does not power up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Hopeless?
Jul 13, 2010 2:33AM PDT

Just called Samsung and they won't do anything for me because it might be over a year. Can't seem to find my receipt atm, probably won't matter though.

Oh well, I'll try to fix this TV myself. If anything I'll buy a Sony/Panasonic hopefully they'll last longer then just a year..

- Collapse -
Samsung's hopeless, I am not.
Jul 19, 2010 3:44AM PDT

Fixed my TV myself, thanks to the board that helped me out.
With no experience in soldering, I probably did a better job then they ever would.

- Collapse -
How did you fix it
Jun 29, 2011 11:05PM PDT

I am having the same problem. Please help. How did you fix it?

CNET Forums

Forum Info