General discussion

Samsung LN32A450 died

Mar 15, 2009 9:46AM PDT

My samsung TV has stuck in Stand by mode(thats what I think) The red light is ON but when I try to turn on the TV using the remote or with the button on the TV, the red LED light just blinks once and then the red LED light stays ON NO PICTURE NO SOUND. Just its dead.

ALso, tried with plugging off the power supply for 4 hours and then retrying the same thing. No change in the situation.

Any help to revive this dead TV ???? PLease I am so frustrated. I just cannot take this kind of performance.Had very very high hopes from Samsung.

- Ameyan Giovanni
Seattle

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung LN32A450 died
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LN32A450 died
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung LN32A450 died
Mar 16, 2009 1:46AM PDT

Ameyan,

I would suggest calling 800-SAMSUNG and having a tech come out. Assuming the unit is still under warranty, we can get that fixed. You had high hopes, and I'd like to fulfill that.

Keep me posted!

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung LN32A450 died
Sep 26, 2009 9:48PM PDT

--HDTech : so if i call the service what they gonna do?

do i need to press any combination of buttons>?
or the tv just die and need to be replace?
so frustrated !

- Collapse -
Same power issues.
Jan 31, 2011 12:24AM PST

Hi, I have the exact same model, and exact same issue.

I only had this tv for less than two years now and it makes me sick to think of poorly Samsung TVs really proform.
There are hundreds of complaints regarding this issue on this forum alone! They are clearly using poor quality parts that are prone to fail within a very short time.
Remember the good old days when companies actually cared about the quality of products that the put out?

Before buying a new television, I had researched into which brands had the best picture qualities.
It is obvious to me now that I should have spent more time researching into issues such as this.

How can Samsung justify putting such poorly proforming products out in the market?
Do they even care about customer loyalty?

I would have to get it fixed myself because the warranty had ran out, even though this is a very well known and reported issue with Samsung's LN line of televisions.

Will definitely stay away from Samsung for any electronics that I am planning on buying in the future.

- Collapse -
LN32a450
Apr 25, 2011 5:53AM PDT

I have this TV for 2 years, working without any problem in my guest room. Not used much so far. Today, I decided to upgrade the firmware, downloaded it from samsung and put it on USB. Stared the tv ans started the upgrade process. Everything went as per the instructions, it upgraded and shut off automatically at the end of upgrade as expected, except that it did not start by itself after shutting off. So I waited 15 minutes, pulled the plug, put it back and tried to switch it on, no dice. Tried with switch on the TV, no go. Plugged and unplugged several times, no go. All I have is the red led on the TV, it does not blink or anything when I try to start it, just dead TV.
Called Samsung and they sait TV is out of warranty so take it to the service station, no help.

I took it to the service station and paid 45 diagnostics fee upfront, will know what is wrong and how much it will cost in 4 days.
My issue is that I did nothing wrong in upgrading firmware. My original firmware was 1009, the website had 1013 and recommended upgrading. I will be without TV and out of money because I tried to upgrade.

Any help you can offer?
Thanks
Dvijen

- Collapse -
the same here
Sep 26, 2009 9:36PM PDT

ive got the same problem.. but more frustrated for me cos i have this tv just 3 days ago... so !!!!!

yesterday i turned on.. and nothing.. fter a while presing everything the tv came on ... then i turned off.. and today nothing .. again the same problem ..

what can i do ???

cheers

- Collapse -
Same problem = same answer.
Sep 26, 2009 9:38PM PDT

What else?

Kees

- Collapse -
Mine just went out yesterday
Jul 1, 2010 7:15AM PDT

I took it to a repair shop still waiting on a price but he said the power supply cant be fixed needs to be replaced. I looked online and saw some power supplies for around 40 to 60 bucks but i DOUBT his part will be that cheap when he calls back. I havent had the Tv two years and its going fro around 500 bucks now online so if he comes back with some crazy 200 or 300 repair bill I'll just go buy a new tv and it wont be a Samsung. I have tvs that are over 10 years old still running fine and this one didnt make it 2 years.

- Collapse -
BTW.
Jul 1, 2010 7:29AM PDT

If you research the bad caps issues you seen it in other makes too. The 10 year old TVs are from the days before some one stole a formula and proceeded to make bad caps.

Easy to research but now you know.
Bob

- Collapse -
Repair Tip For Samsung LN32A450
Oct 14, 2011 2:23AM PDT

This set uses power supply BN44-00214A and seldom has the classic capacitor failure. If the red light comes on but the set will not power up, check for bad solder on QB802 on the power supply circuit board. It is located just above the line fuse in the lower right quadrant of the the board. Repairs should only be attempted by qualified technicians using all appropriate safety measures.

CNET Forums

Forum Info