TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Samsung LN-S4096D OR Sony KDL-40V2500

I'm planning to buy a hdtv and I'm having trouble choosing between 2 tv.between the Samsung LN-S4096D and Sony KDL-40V2500. Which one is better overall. Need help. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LN-S4096D OR Sony KDL-40V2500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LN-S4096D OR Sony KDL-40V2500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I love Sony Color

In reply to: Samsung LN-S4096D OR Sony KDL-40V2500

I have not looked at these TV's but last year I decided on the Sony over the Samsung 32". I bought a Sharp, took it back for blur on action, bought a Sony 32" v910 and took it back for not awesome enough and bought the 32" XBR. It was way better. The wide color gamut lighting is really nice and now the regular Sony LCDs have the technology.
I want a 1080P 40" or 46" but need to do a bit of research before I switch.
Sony and Samsung build a world class LCD factory a year or so ago.
When it opened they had the hands down best LCD IMO.
The Samsung seemed to have a bit of better fast motion processing and the Sony seemed to have a bit of more accurate color IMO.
I have had Sony XBRs ever since the first one and I love the Sony color so I got the Sony and have been happy.

Collapse -
2 cents.

I don't know much about Sony but I just purchased the Samsung LN-S4695 about a month ago. I'm still blown away with the HD channels and movies on a cheap LG upconversion DVD player are amazing as well. This set is 1080p but haven't been able to try that out yet as nothing is broadcast yet in 1080p and Blue Ray is a little too high in price right now. Anyway, sports are great on the samsung, just a tiny bit blurry when the action is fast paced but I can definately live with it. I haven't found anything about this set to gripe about. It is a great set. Very user friendly.
Good luck shopping.

Collapse -
personal, I'd say

My husband & I purchased a 4096 a month ago and have been TRYING hard to love it. When its good hd it is beautiful, but when its sd it is horrible. A lot of movement in dark colors and low light, especially.
We are actually returning it today and are thinking of getting just a 1080i. Not sure what the exact problem is-the TV, Dish receiver? But we are starting over.

Collapse -
fmicindy...

In reply to: personal, I'd say

HDTV's really aren't made to watch SD broadcast. Pretty much all of the HDTV's that you find are going to have a less than desireable image in SD. Some will have better picture quality than others in SD but still not that good. You're going to be shopping for a long time if you want a nice picture from a HDTV. Good luck though.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.