General discussion

Samsung LED with flashing standby light on front

Hello - I have a Samsung LED un40eh5300f, about 15 months old. The red LED standby light on front on the TV flashed and the volume display on the display is all the way down and constantly looks like someone is pressing the down volume button on a remote. I can override it for a second using my TV remote or the dongle button on the bottom of the TV. But the override is for a half second and the volume goes down. When I press my remote, the blinking red light gets brighter though. I took all the batteries out of all the remotes in my house, I moved the TV to several different rooms, turned of the wi-fi in the house, kept the TV unplugged for hours, unplugged everything from the TV except the power cord. Still same problem. Then it gets strange. I took it to my parents house 2 miles away to eliminate a rogue RF signal. The TV worked fine over there for several hours. I brought the TV back home, hooked it up, HDMI and power only, and the TV worked fine all night. This morning, TV is flashing red light again, with HDMI unplugged, in different rooms. Nothing changed at MY house overnight.

The flashing red light is fairly consistent no matter the time of day, but occasionally the volume will go all the way to the right, sticking there. Then once in a while the problem stops completely. The dongle button on the tv is clean btw.

My thought is RF interference from somewhere. Is there an RF received built into this model? Can I disable or change the frequency? Any other ideas?s

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung LED with flashing standby light on front
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LED with flashing standby light on front
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Help

Any ideas? I still have the problem sporadically. Every few days. Then it just starts working normal again. I did a system reset as well to no avail.

- Collapse -
Just one. Warranty.

In the US when you register your set you get 3 more months of warranty so 15 months? No problem. Call it in and let them fix it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Just one. Warranty

Hi R. Proffitt,

Unfortunately the 3 month warranty extension for registering has ended. The warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Sad to hear that.

Just last month I saw the offer.

- Collapse -
Re: Help
- Collapse -
EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my 2014 manufactured UN55F6300

Megacity ; Did you ever get a fix that you can share? I have EXACT same problem with my UN55F6300

CNET Forums

Forum Info