Rant

samsung led ua40d5000 tv half screen turning white

Apr 12, 2013 6:58PM PDT

I am based in Mumbai, India and we about 12 months back we bought a samsung led ua40d5000 tv and after about 8-9 months of usage half screen started turning white. Initially, this behavior was seen only for some time and it use to auto-correct itself, but now after 12 months when the service warranty has expired, this issue is more prominent now and our TV is unusable. On contacting the service station we are told that the panel has to be replaced and it would cost about 20,000 INR!! which is very high amount!! considering that I just bought TV about 12 months back. I am really disappointed and think I made a wrong decision of buying samsung TV!! and I would advice people is using caution before choosing SAMSUNG, because they can conveniently pass a defective piece, which will start complaining just when the warranty expires.

Please people, any advice or workaround that can help and save some of my hard earned money, let me know

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: samsung led ua40d5000 tv half screen turning white
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: samsung led ua40d5000 tv half screen turning white
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
same problems with me as well!
May 16, 2013 7:52PM PDT

Dear All,

I'm also facing exactly the same problem. I bought my TV from bangkok on 21st Nov 2011 as per following details (MAKE - OCT 2011,MODEL CODE - UA40D5000PRXXT, VER NO - AC 06).

For the first 9-10 months TV was perfectly fine, then problem of image distortion started coming which autocorrects after 5 min or so and i thought it to be cable problem. After exactly 13 months,problem gradually worsened and became permanent atleast for the first half an hour after the TV is switched on. Interestingly after half an hour if i push back the TV from top left corner then problem mostly gets corrected.

On contacting the service station we are told that the panel has to be replaced and it would cost about 25,000 INR!!

This is absurdly high amount and not sure if there is a simpler remedy. Any opinions are welcome!

Regards,
Alok

- Collapse -
my issue might be the same. but panel replacement same .
May 29, 2013 10:23PM PDT

First, I have a 4 year old 55 inch Samsung LCD Tv with fluorescent back lighting. It started ~9 months ago having a white/milky translucent film showing up around the edges of the screen and has gotten worse. I have an extended service plan for 5 years and per the Tech the entire screen replacement is required. Great thing you have the plan because this is expensive per the Tech. New the Tv cost ~$2k with the plan being $500.00.
When asked about my brand having this problem, he informed me he has seen this across on other brands and it's not uncommon in both LED and fluorescent back lighting Tvs.
The translucent edges is more of a distraction and not totally broken Tv but gets worse over time and picture Quality is affected.

- Collapse -
help
Feb 6, 2016 10:21PM PST

samsug led TV half screen turn white please help

CNET Forums

Forum Info