Samsung forum

Question

samsung LED TV HDMI issue

by njdsaopaulo / May 30, 2013 12:33 PM PDT

Hi All,

I have a Samsung TV model number LN40D550 that I have been using without a problem for over a year. I frequently used my Lenovo laptop connected via HDMI to watch movies and surf the internet on the big screen. Last week I brought my business Samsung laptop home to do some work and connected to the network (not directly to the TV but the TV is connected to the router), since then none of the other computers in the house will connect via HDMI to the TV (my wife's lenovo and another acer also do not connect). When I plug in the cable the message changes from "Check Signal Cable" to "check connected device's power, cable connection and source selection", so the TV knows something is there but no video or sound. Cable TV works fine on HDMI1 but no laptops will connect on any HDMI port, EXCEPT THE SAMSUNG LAPTOP which works fine as soon as you plug it in.

I have tried all the ports, bought new cables, disabled Anynet all to no avail. Really annoying. Need help.

Nelson

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung LED TV HDMI issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung LED TV HDMI issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: samsung LED TV HDMI issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 31, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

Hi njdsaopaulo,

So I want to clarify something: the TV never was connected via HDMI to the Samsung laptop during this time, and when you tried to connect one of your other two laptops after the fact, they won't connect, but the Samsung laptop that you never connected before is the only device that works. Did I understand that correctly?

Could you let me know what message you see on the screen when you connect the laptops to the TV with them powered off and then power them on with them connected?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Reply - LED HDMI issue
by njdsaopaulo / May 31, 2013 11:17 PM PDT

Hi HD Tech

Correct, the samsung laptop was never connected via HDMI until after the problem started. It was however on the home network as is the TV

regarding the message on the screen, I powered down the Lenovo and plugged in the HDMI, the message changed as soon as the cable was connected from "Check Signal Cable" to the "Check connected device's power, cable connection and source selection". i then powered up the Lenovo but nothing changed. I took the cable and plugged it into the Samsung laptop and video and sound magically appeared on the TV screen

Thanks for helping out,

nelson
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Collapse -
Re: LED HDMI issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 4, 2013 4:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Reply - LED HDMI issue

Hi njdsaopaulo,

Thanks for the clarification on that. Now I'm going to make a rather bold statement: the network connection has no bearing on the video connection; they are totally unrelated. So I'm going to run on the assumption that you have a weird coincidence that happened.

That said, let's test some things: can you take one of the other laptops and try to connect it to another display via HDMI. Does it connect just fine? Or does it behave in the same way with the Samsung display?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Model LEN0D550 HDMI and Audio issues
by OrlandoVanegas / October 2, 2013 9:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: LED HDMI issue

I have 3 Samsung LED TV and one LG Led3D
My Samsung Model LEN0D550, Model Code: UN40D5500RMXZL ver #: H301 running the latest SW:T-MST5DAAC-1014.2 is having HDMI and Audio issues. Moved to a new city, Bogota, Colombia... I had an HP tower connected to HDMI1, a Toshiba Laptop Connected to HDMI2, a Lenovo Laptop docking station connected via VGA and the CLARO/Telmex digital decoder connected via AV. Claro configured their remote control to the Samsung code. Worked with the computers 2.5 weeks without issues and when decided to watch the news using the Claro remote control the TV lost its HDMI ports functionality.
Now it thinks that is has a headset connected; but no sound comes out from any port/speaker. And the only way I can get cable TV is by connecting to AV ports or connecting the Motorola Claro encoder to HDMI2, a laptop to HDMI3 and telling the TV to use HDMI3 so that it receives the Video input from HDMI2!!!!!
That is crazy!!! I reset-it using the "exit" key on the Samsung remote control. The Samsung local tech reset it using some special codes and he says it needs a Main board replacement... and it cost 50% of a new TV. How can a remote control make this happen?? If I do not get it resolved, I will stop purchasing Samsung TVs and switch to LG or any other brand!
Please advice.

Collapse -
Answer
samsung LED TV HDMI issue
by gllayne / July 31, 2013 9:29 AM PDT

I too have a samsung TV that has HDMI issues. I have a 6 month old 40" LED 3D TV that both HDMI ports have stopped working. Have called samsung 3 times now and have been promised service all 3 times. No phone calles from samsung or service technician. Ready to make complaint with Better Business Bureau. Broken down 6 month old samsung TV and samsung does not care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
To speed this up. When you post, add your Transaction #
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 31, 2013 10:08 AM PDT

If you didn't have a LN40D550 then you could make a new post with the full details.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!