Question

Samsung LED TV doesn't show updated HDD folders

May 30, 2011 12:46PM PDT

Hi
I have a xxx LED tv. Y plugged my external USB hard drive and was able to view movies and pics stored in it. Then I plugged it in my computer and deleted some folders and also added new folders. After doing this I plugged it again in the TV and it didn't show the changes. The new folders appear but I can't access them. The deleted folders still show up and also can't access them.
I can't get it to correctly show the changes made in the hard drive. I even re-formatted it (NTFS), and the TV still shows the original status!
It seems like the TV remembers the folders as they were the first time the HDD was plugged and just can't update to show the changes.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung LED TV doesn't show updated HDD folders
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LED TV doesn't show updated HDD folders
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
REAL WORKING SOLUTION
Aug 19, 2016 8:30AM PDT

Forget about that refreshing solution switching from videos to photos to folders.. blah blah blah..

Plug you drive back into your pc or mac - make sure your windows explorer or finder on mac is showing all hidden files and folders - delete the SamsungDwn folder, deleted any Recycle bin or trash folders and there is also a file that says deviceinfo blah blah blah.. delete it..

basically delete everything you don't know what it is - just don't delete your videos, photos and music.. plug it back into the TV..voila.. it is updated... stupid that you have to do this but this worked for me on Samsung 55" Smart TV 4K - I have a drive that is not partitioned and is 1TB in size

- Collapse -
great
Nov 7, 2016 11:24AM PST

thank you, this solution worked perfect. appreciate it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info