Question

Samsung LED Smart TV goes blank when I click on Samsung App

Hi,

I purchased a 40" Samsung LED Smart TV a few days back. I have performed all the updates on the TV and can access features like Family Zone, Social Zone, Kids, etc. However, as soon as I click on the Samsung App button, I see a message "Connecting" on the top right corner of the screen. After 2-3 seconds, the screen just goes blank and remains that way till I press the Smart button again and return to the menu.

Can anyone please help me out with this situation? I have tried resetting the tv and downloading all the updates again but it did not help resolve my issue.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung LED Smart TV goes blank when I click on Samsung App
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung LED Smart TV goes blank when I click on Samsung App
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung LED Smart TV goes blank when I click on Samsung

Hi Avishkar14,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In order for the community here to help you more quickly, please provide for us the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Same issue...

I just bought the samsung 60" Smart TV Model #UN60ES7150F and am having the same issue.

Netflix, youtube works, but when I click on the smart Hub ico or the Samsung Apps icon it just stops.

The Samsung app icon goes to a black screen

The smarthub Icon just shows the smart hub picture and sits there.

I have been able to also search for an app "skype" though when I try and select it, I get the blank/black screen again.

I have also reset the system using the "D" button, but no avail.

Please help.

- Collapse -
Model number

Hi ronaksf,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I attempted to find the model code you provided, but I was unable to verify that it was valid model code. Could you please check again?

Thanks,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Model number

Hi,

My model number is: UA40EH5330RL

- Collapse -
Re: Model number

Hi Avishkar14,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for India. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung India portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/UA40EH5330RLXL

But we got a nice little community here that includes people from everywhere in the world, and they might have a few other suggestions to help you out.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Model Number

Hi, my model number is UA40EH330RL

- Collapse -
Answer
Try the usual advice.

1. Call it in.
2. Check for updated firmware at the samsung site for your product and country.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info