Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED series 6 Headphone jack

by DdiceD / March 26, 2011 2:07 AM PDT

Hi,

I have a samsung series 6 led tv and there is no headphone jack on it.
Can anyone tell me how i can have sound true my headphones while playing something true hdmi cable for example xbox360.

grts

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED series 6 Headphone jack
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED series 6 Headphone jack
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LED series 6 Headphone jack
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2011 2:50 PM PDT

DdiceD,

If you have a receiver or bookshelf system that has a headphone jack, you may be able to connect your TVs audio to the bookshelf system, and then plug in the headphone jack that way.

The audio out signal from the television ports are designed to work with an amplifier, not to be used as an amplified signal.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Why no more headphone jacks
by Pmv1631 / August 13, 2011 5:38 AM PDT

Why has Samsung (and others) stopped putting earphone jacks on the TV's. I have a 46" LCD from Samsung and it has an earphone jack. I want to update to a 55" LED. However, I can't because it has not earphone jack. I am hard of hearing and need to listen to TV with a headset. I wouldn't mind, but I am sure it would only cost you guys about 10 cents to add one. I have read many forums that have complained about it. To be honest. I an disappointed that Samsung did this. I always thought they were a class act. Just shows you how wrong I can be sometimes. I wish they would re-consider there decision. If they do, please notify me. I would love to get a new TV. I want a Samsung, however the first one I see that is large enough and has an earphone jack. I am going to buy it.

Collapse -
That's easy to answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 13, 2011 6:20 AM PDT

Even if it was pennies it's a feature that can be cut and 99 out of 100 folk won't miss it.

This is why we have to really go over the things we want for spec before we buy it.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) The spec listed there was a headphone out but there wasn't!!
by Spec-reader / August 26, 2016 2:08 PM PDT
In reply to: That's easy to answer.
Collapse -
In that case you have a right to return the product.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2016 10:11 AM PDT

Here in the USA, UK and Canada we can return such if the product's specs don't line up.

Collapse -
Audio Output
by dshands320 / February 23, 2013 12:58 PM PST

There IS a headphone jack on the Series 6 (and Series Cool TVs. It's just not called that anymore -- now there is just a small hole & "Audio Out" -- On Series 6 it's on top row, between the USB & the "HDMI In". On the Series 8, it's on the side to the left of the other inputs. Wink

Collapse -
Re: Audio Output
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 26, 2013 7:28 AM PST
In reply to: Audio Output

Hi dshands320,

This depends on which model of the Series 6 you get. There are certain models that have no audio output.

HD Tech

Collapse -
The "audio out" is not a headphone jack
by stillonline / April 7, 2013 3:26 AM PDT

The "audio out" does not do volume. You can only control the volume with the remote for the external device. That's a SEPARATE REMOTE FOR VOLUME. I had my receiver hooked up via the headphone jack for decades. I could sync all my remotes to control volume and mute on the audio that way. I ended up with one remote instead of a basketful. I love my new Samsung Smart TV - just love the way it is so effortless. But leaving out a headphone jack is Stupid. I'll be packing it up today and sending it back because I can't find a work around for the loss of a headphone jack.

Collapse -
My last headphone had a volume control on it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 7, 2013 12:21 PM PDT

I suggest you try a better headphone unit.

Collapse -
I had my receiver hooked up via the headphone jack
by stillonline / April 7, 2013 4:13 PM PDT

A Sony digital CD player. Headphones get in the way of my oxygen tubing.

Collapse -
My wireless headphones
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2013 1:27 AM PDT

Have volume controls too. I know it sounds odd but there's a lot of great gear out there. Hopefully you have folk local to help you find and set it all up.
Bob

Collapse -
What great grear?
by stillonline / April 8, 2013 6:45 AM PDT
In reply to: My wireless headphones

I have a Tivo and a Toshiba DVD/VCR and a previous Samsung television. I had all three along with my Sony CD player working through one remote. With the new Samsung, I have all but the Sony working off one remote. Which means, I have to dig out a different remote to change the volume. It's a royal pain in the neck.
I'm sure your suggestions are well intentioned but not very helpful.

What great grear?

Collapse -
Example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2013 7:22 AM PDT
In reply to: What great grear?
Collapse -
Argh
by stillonline / April 8, 2013 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Example.

I suppose it's that you failed to read the initial question and are instead answering the wrong question. As I said several times already... I have a speaker system set up that has volume and a remote control. I have a Sony speaker with excellent sound next to my recliner. In the past, because I plugged the Sony into the headphone jack and not the audio output, I could sync the Sony CD player (the receiver) to the remote for the TV and the Tivo remote controls. I input device codes to could control the volume and the mute for my speakers with those remotes. With the TV equalizer I could control the balance.

Since Samsung got rid of the headphone jack, I can't do any of that. I have no desire to put another piece of equipment around my head. I have no interest in owning another set of headphones. None.

You can't help, but thanks for giving it a try.

Collapse -
Then you have no choice
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2013 8:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Argh

But to return the devices that don't do what you want. I have helped others find solutions to the headphone jack problem before and before I admit I didn't read the question, did you notice this is DdiceD's discussion?

And you added to it years later?

I don't mind discussion of the possible solutions but it appears to me you need to return the parts that don't work for you.
Bob

Collapse -
Headphone volume no control samsung 55" h6400 tv
by samsam48695 / February 11, 2016 5:16 AM PST

hey , I have a headphone and i cant control the volume of it. Can you just tell me how can I control the volume of my headphones on my samsung 55" H6400 series 6 please ??

Collapse -
Please top post with full model number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2016 9:04 AM PST

As there are a dozen h6400's I can't check them all.

Collapse -
Audio In
by dshands320 / February 23, 2013 1:00 PM PST

There is input for headphones, it's just not called that anymore - On the Series 6 it's on top row of inputs between USB & the HDMI In jacks. It just says "Audio In". I plugged my wireless headphone transmitter in there & it works.

Collapse -
Samsun Series 6 TV to Sony wireless headphones
by hncohen / September 19, 2016 4:05 PM PDT

I have a Samsun series 6TV as well as a companion sound bar so that the TosLink port is already in use. What I am going to try is to purchase an optical TosLink splitter/switch and connect the sound bar thru one of the output ports and use another port to connect an optical cable to an Orei DA21 optical SPDIF/coaxial digital to RCA LR analog audio converter with 3.5mm jack (or RCA jacks) to Sony wireless headphone base station. This will allow me to use either the headphones or the sound bar. I would think that if you don't have the sound bar you can just use an optical splitter (without a switch) to the converter and that would allow you to use the both the TV speakers and the headphones together as someone was trying to do. Will this work?

Collapse -
Please notice this is a discussion from 2011.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 19, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

Avoid old posts like this. Create new posts with full models in the post.

Parting advice. If the seller and maker are doing so poorly to not answer your questions, be sure you can get a full refund or go find sellers and makers that answer your questions. I can't answer here because of the missing details. Start a new post.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.