Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED 8500 Series and Amazon VOD

by 3rdnfnlbst / March 21, 2011 12:46 PM PDT

Just curious, i just signed up for Amazon Prime, and now they offer VOD as part of the membership. I am thinking about getting the Samsung wifi adapter to wireless stream to my TV. Anyone with this setup already? Just looking for input, whether or not I should waste my money on the adapter. Thanks in advance.

- Joe

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED 8500 Series and Amazon VOD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED 8500 Series and Amazon VOD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re
by 3rdnfnlbst / March 23, 2011 12:29 PM PDT

Thought I would try to bump this thread up, still looking for any input

Collapse -
What model?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT

I'm not aware of anything becoming available for the UN55B8500, if that's the model you're referring to.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Re: what model?
by 3rdnfnlbst / March 26, 2011 7:18 AM PDT
In reply to: What model?

I have the 46" model. I went onto the Samsung website, and asked a Live Technician the same questions, and they linked me to a Samsung parts site and under the specifications, it listed the UN46B8500FXZA as compatible.

Collapse -
Re: what model?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2011 2:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: what model?

3rdnfnlbst,

If you are asking about the WIS09ABGN Samsung LinkStick, that would be available and compatible with your model of television - pardon me for not understanding the question. Happy

What I'm unable to determine is if Amazon video-on-demand will be available for that model with a Prime package - that's up to Amazon. As far as a LinkStick however, that is compatible.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: re: what model?
by 3rdnfnlbst / March 27, 2011 12:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: what model?

hey so i decided to temporarily hook up an ethernet cable to test it out, while the internet feature in the 8500 is god awful slow, the video started to stream ok, once i got it working. however, i think i am just going to have to stream it another way because my tv is hooked up to a receiver for sound and i have to hook up a secondary cable just for sound. i might as well just stream with my mac mini and not have to hook up any other wires. unless ps3 or 360 decide to jump on the band wagon. thanks for your help, but in the long run, i am happy i didn't get the linkstick because of the slowness from the internet widget feature of the tv with a straight connection, i could imagine how slow it would be with a wireless one.

Collapse -
re: re: what model?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 28, 2011 8:52 AM PDT
In reply to: re: re: what model?

3rdnfnlbst,

Thanks for posting back. I don't think there will be a significant difference in speed wireless vs. wired. That said, it also depends on some variables, and you have a point.

Either way, I'm glad to hear you have a solution.

Best,

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.