Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED 8000 Series 55" TV

by dakku123 / November 9, 2009 8:51 AM PST

I recently bought the LED 8000 series 55" TV and it's the best I've had for picture quality. However, I do have an issue with the sound.
I have the following connections:

Wall antenna connected to Panasonic DMR350 Digital recorder.
HDMI connection from Digital Recorder to TV.
HDMI connection from PS3 to TV.
Panasonic VCR connected to TV through component jack.
TV optical out to the optical connection of a Sansui Digital Intigrated Amp, which is connected to Jamo 507 Floor speakers.

The PS3 (through which I play Blu Ray DVDs), the VCR and the DVD recorder all work with the amplifier - no issue with picture & sound. Also, if i watch TV through the DVD recorder there is no issue for all channels that is played through the amplifier.

However, If I just want to watch TV through the amplifier, the sound only works for the Analogue & Digital channels, but not for the HD Ten's sports channel (11), and the ABC/SBS/Seven & Nine's HD channels. There is is high pitched crackling sound for these channels and it is beyond me to figuer out why?

Please help!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED 8000 Series 55" TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED 8000 Series 55" TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 10, 2009 12:15 AM PST

The high pitched sound comes through the receiver?

Do you have the television speakers set to external, or is the sound coming from the TV? If it's through the Amp, it may be a signal that the AMP doesn't recognize, and may be adjusted by changing the audio signal to 5.1 if 5.1 is being broadcast.

Collapse -
by dakku123 / November 10, 2009 6:43 AM PST

Thank you for your prompt response.

The sound comes from the external (Jamo) speakers for HD broadcast channels. I will try to adjust the audio to 5.1, as suggested, and let you know if it works.

What baffles me is that there is no issue with the audio if I choose to watch TV controlled through the DVD recorder (with audio through the amp). But if I turn off the DVD recorder and watch TV with audio through the Amp, it works only for analogue and Digital broadcast channels but not for HD channels.

Collapse -
loud clicking on digital out with HD FTA TV (dolby digital)
by shaneakelly / February 24, 2010 6:25 PM PST

Today I have replaced my panasonic 50" Tv with a 55" Samsung LED Tv.
Again I have connected the optical output from TV into my existing bose audio system.
When this TV is changed onto a FTA digital TV channel that has Dolby
digital sound, it makes between 1 and 4 very load clicking noises.
I have tried the digital optical sound output on my samsung 32" lcd in to the same audio system and no noises present, as was the case with the panasonic.
Is this a known problem across this model led TV ,an individual
fault with my TV or something else?

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?