Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LE40B657 TV DLNA Problems

by naderiano / January 21, 2010 3:19 AM PST

Hi!
I have connected my TV (6series 40" LCD) to my ADSL wireless router (Cisco EPC2425) via ethernet cable. When I connect my laptop wired to the same router I can enjoy DLNA on my TV and browse media. But when I try to connect wireless to the router... no luck. Any idea?

I have tried some things:
enabling, disabling my networks
reseting modem
changing wireless channel
chaning MTU settings from 1500 to 1350
disabling master brower and re-enabling it
turning off windows firewall
removing spyware doc and NOD32
using different IP addresses
changed workgroups
disabled ipv6

I can ping the TV with wireless but it doesn't show in samsungs software... I have windows 7 and windows vista on 3 computers... it's the same on all.

when I view computer maps in networking and sharing center as soon as I plug in the ethernet cable the TV pops up... as fast as I disconnect it goes (wireless on).

can anybody please help me? I will give additional information immediatly if required.

best regards,
Nader,
Sweden

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LE40B657 TV DLNA Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LE40B657 TV DLNA Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LN40B657
by naderiano / January 21, 2010 3:35 AM PST

p.s. I live in sweden and the LE series is the same as LN in the US

Collapse -
Samsung LE40B657 TV DLNA Problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 21, 2010 10:52 AM PST

naderiano,

Are you using the WIS09ABGN LinkStick dongle, or are you using a generic wireless USB device?

--HDTech

Collapse -
-HDTech
by naderiano / January 21, 2010 4:15 PM PST

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have connected the TV using ethernet cable.

Have connected my computers using generic (normal) wireless adaptors (Dlinks on all computers)

------------------------------
As soon as I plugin the ethernet cable the TV pops on on my computers, as soon as I plug it out... it's gone!????

In the TV manual it says my computer could be connected by wire or wireless! What could be the cause?!?! I have worked on this for three whole days with no luck,,, please help!

Collapse -
Wireless DLNA
by jw650 / January 21, 2010 7:44 PM PST
In reply to: -HDTech

The TV broadcasts (multicasts) discovery packets for the DLNA service. If your PCs can't see these, they won't see the TV as a DLNA media player (and the TV won't see their media servers as sources).

Some routers don't pass these broadcast packets to the wireless part of their network. That could be the problem here. Check your configuration to see if it can be enabled.

Collapse -
le40b657
by naderiano / January 21, 2010 7:53 PM PST
In reply to: Wireless DLNA

Thanks! I will contact the router manufacturer then.

BR/Nader

Collapse -
SOLVED> SOLUTION
by naderiano / January 22, 2010 3:28 AM PST
In reply to: le40b657

I found the problem.

It was my ADSL Router (CISCO EPC2425 I got from my service provider COMHEM here in sweden)which didn't allow the wireless/wired multicasts even though it was enabled on my modem.

I connected another wireless router (netgear wgr614 v9) which I had to it and now its all good. Wireless DLNA I have.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?