Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LE40A336 optical audio problems...

by Shaper / July 8, 2010 12:58 PM PDT

Hi there, I have an Samsung LE40A336 LCD TV.
Also I have a Panasonic SA-BT200 5.1 Home Cinema system.
This is fairly simple.
Home Cinema plugs into the TV using HDMI-OUT on the HomeCinema (To get Blu-Ray video signal to the TV). My PC connects with HDMI. And Satelite TV input is SCART (yeah I know :P)

To get sound I have a simple solution. I connect using optical cables into my Home Cinema. TV goes into Optical-Input #1 (As the manufacturer reccomends) and my PC Optical Input #2
I have tried using a PS3 aswell on optical input.

Here is my main problem. Whenever I use the optical connection behind the TV, the sound signal delays more and more and more and more....
After 15minutes of TV watching, even with stereo (no upscaling/upmixing/processing of any kind done by the decoder) the latency is unbarable!
While using my Playstation 3, or my PC, I experience no problems at all using optical connections, from their brand (Sony and Acer), but if I enable HDMI sound on the PS3, and run it into the TV, then from the TV to the reciever I experience lagg!

I have searched the web over for sollutions, cuz my satelite decoder doessent have optical out I cant connect it directly.
I have to go through your crappy TV first, wich slows down the signal.
And I beleve Mr. Samsung man, if you search around the web, for "Samsung optical latency" "Samsung sound delay" or "Samsung optical/sound problems". I beleve u'll find a sea of complaints.
And ALL posts I have read some random guys, or even you explains that their reciever might be the problem. That they have to use the intigrated latency settings. That the reciever uses time to process the sound, wich causes the latency.

Well it's kinda strange that connecting other brands to my Home Cinema (Microsoft Xbox, Sony PS3, Acer PC, Asus PC) the reciever copes. It does not lag! It works perfectly with OPTICAL. And still you blame the other equipment.
How can you guys do that? My point is that EVERYTHING I have connected to my home cinema with optical BESIDES ur TV gives me a good experience.

Now, how can I fix this problem I am having ? Without getting dumb answers about my cables, my reciever, Satelite tuner not broadcasting in 5.1 (cuz that is bull** when I am trying to send 2ch. sound with no processing and still getting latency).

Please Samsung, answer me... I have been through the settings on the TV atleast 10 times, searching for whatever, but sound menu is very poor. And I have tried setting up my 5.1 reciever with sound latency, I have tried 0,10,20,40,60ms. But nothing seems to even remotely work.
And besides, I know its not my 5.1 reciever. Since it works on everything else!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LE40A336 optical audio problems...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LE40A336 optical audio problems...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.