HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung LE37C650 randomly shuts down

by wave69 / October 22, 2011 4:34 AM PDT

Hello !
My TV started to randomly turn off and then turn on again... over and over again.
Firmware is up to date.
Any suggestions ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LE37C650 randomly shuts down
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LE37C650 randomly shuts down
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'd remove it from service.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2011 5:24 AM PDT

While it's off line, research that model number, bad caps, and how to clean the air vents.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) you think the heat is the reason ?
by wave69 / October 22, 2011 6:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
No. But it is something we can remove from the list.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2011 6:30 AM PDT

I can't explain why but some folk insist the diagnosis not include possible causes. The heat is a possible cause and can be dealt with in about 10 minutes.
Bob

Collapse -
Air vents are clean
by wave69 / October 22, 2011 4:14 PM PDT

All air vents are clean and there is no dust blocking any airflow.

Collapse -
LE37C650
by Jes2983 / April 14, 2013 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Air vents are clean

Hello,
I have just the same problem with my LE37C650 .
I updated the software and replaced 5 capacitors on the power supply .
Problem is still there .
Do you have a solution for your LCD TV ?

Jan
Belgium

Collapse -
Odd to replace the caps in your story.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 14, 2013 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: LE37C650

The bad caps issue is not about it shutting down but the start up issue. So odd to hear you replacing caps for a shut down issue. What's happening out there in the world of technicians and engineers? Aren't they asking around the other techs and support?

If the above noted cleaning doesn't help then back to the service manual and follow the flow charts. If you don't have the service manual then my thought is you are not a TV tech and must get an estimate.

Sorry if this upsets anyone but there are no user serviceable parts inside.
Bob

Collapse -
Solution ??
by Jes2983 / April 22, 2013 5:26 AM PDT

Mr Profitt,
do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem .
Samsung Belgium is asking 180 + 110 = 290 euro to fix this .
I wonder isn't it "better" to buy a new TV ?
On the other hand , if it can be fixed for a fair price ...
Any suggestions ?
I would appriciate any help .

Jan
Belgium

Collapse -
wave69?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 22, 2013 6:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Solution ??

I did offer ideas above and the replies were pretty odd. The indication was not bad caps yet they were treating for bad caps. This is not a good sign and why I think they need to get back to the flowchart in the service manual.

I've had very good luck with cleaning and replacement of heat sink compound but it's not fun as folk want assurance that 2 bucks of heat sink compound will fix it. I know to try it because it's brought back a few too many sets from the edge but how to handle folk that want an ironclad fix? My thought is they will have to have the work done.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.