HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LCD TV menu doesn't save changes

by farmer4415 / April 10, 2009 2:30 PM PDT

Hi All,

I have a Samsung LCD TV , Model no - LA32R81BD
Any changes I make to the menu wont save anymore, especially ' Blue LED option'

Do this LCDS have an internal battery like a computer ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LCD TV menu doesn't save changes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LCD TV menu doesn't save changes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LCD TV menu doesn't save changes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 10, 2009 2:35 PM PDT

farmer4415,

It's likely that the television is in Shop Mode. The symptom would be that your settings are defaulted back to the out-of-box settings?

Try holding down the Menu button on the TV (Not remote) for 12 seconds.

OR

Try pushing the volume button up once, let go, and then hold down the MENU button for about 12 seconds.

You might see the screen flicker, and that's okay. Once you've done that, you should be able to program your settings and they should stay.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
awesome
by Deathcon5 / November 21, 2009 12:19 AM PST

Thanks! I have been looking for weeks for a solution to this for my Samsung HLT6176S.

Collapse -
Thanks alot
by mrb3deen / February 3, 2012 3:39 AM PST

first i would like to thank you and seriously i just registered at cnet just to thank you cause i searched alot to find how to save the changes on my LCD, and your way worked.

Collapse -
Thanks alot
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 3, 2012 5:17 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks alot

mrb3deen -

Collapse -
Thanks but Resolution Dropped
by RonModa / March 4, 2012 8:21 AM PST

Thank you for the info. I held the menu button on TV it showed that I have the store mode on. I went under "tools" and turned off the store mode. At this point TV went blank and when screen came back up the resolution was much lower (not just the screen color and settings but the actual resolution of the tv channel seemed like it all of a sudden dropped from 1080 to 720!). I tried to go back into store mode and reset everything but the HD quality has dropped for good it seems like. Any tips on what I might have done wrong or could do to bring the reso back up?

Collapse -
Thank you but the resolution dropped!!
by RonModa / March 4, 2012 8:23 AM PST

Thank you for the info. I held the menu button on TV it showed that I have the store mode on. I went under "tools" and turned off the store mode. At this point TV went blank and when screen came back up the resolution was much lower (not just the screen color and settings but the actual resolution of the tv channel seemed like it all of a sudden dropped from 1080 to 720!). I tried to go back into store mode and reset everything but the HD quality has dropped for good it seems like. Any tips on what I might have done wrong or could do to bring the reso back up?

Collapse -
thanks for your help
by SofiaEss / June 15, 2012 1:48 PM PDT

I also signed up just to thank you. What a simple fix that had me annoyed for weeks!!

Collapse -
Thanks alot!
by L3XRo / May 26, 2015 7:52 PM PDT

I also signed up just to thank you. I thought my tv was broken. Thank you!

Collapse -
Thanks man. I owe you.
by Rgaming98 / May 21, 2016 1:55 PM PDT

Man, trust me you've saved more lives than a Doctor in hospital, I just moved to a furnished house, and the tv was included, ******* wont save my settings.
Thanks man. This helped a lot with my new PS4 to get rid of sharpening.

Collapse -
Thank You
by farmer4415 / April 10, 2009 2:55 PM PDT

Hi --HDTech

Thank you very much. This particular fix was instant and fast.

Have a good rest of your easter holidays

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.