Samsung forum

General discussion

samsung LCD screen problem. And it's a cracker

Hello,

Last night I got in and switched on my Samsung LCD in the bedroom (it's an old samsung LE32A41BX relegated after an upgrade in the living room), I hit the on button twice by mistake and half of the screen is now showing round the wrong way, does anyone have any idea what I've done do it.

I've went into the service menu (which I've never done previously) by hitting info, menu, mute and then power and reset it in there but nothing has changed.

Even the service menu was reading backwards.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?, or even a page where I can find out what the settings should be in the service menu??

I'm no dummy when it comes to TV's etc but this one has me stumped.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung LCD screen problem. And it's a cracker
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung LCD screen problem. And it's a cracker
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
samsung LCD screen problem. And it's a cracker

In reply to: samsung LCD screen problem. And it's a cracker

RAD_ABZ,

I'm stumped as well, and I know my way around these panels pretty well. Sounds like getting a service tech may be the best bet. If the whole screen was flipped, I'd have an idea - even though I can't post service menu direction here - but this one I have no idea.

--HDTech

Collapse -
my bust telly :0(

That's a pity as you were the one person I thought might be able to help.

I've emailed Samsung directly as well so fingers crossed they can do something.

Collapse -
Reverse screen

In reply to: my bust telly :0(

I recall reading something similar on one of the "modification" forums (to use the polite name). The user had made a change and found the picture flipped. I think a factory defaults reset fixed it - worth a try.

Collapse -
flipped half screen.

In reply to: Reverse screen

I tried a reset in the engineers menu but that didn't work.

I've left it switched off for 4 hours but someone at work has suggested 72hours, is it worth trying that??

Collapse -
flipped half screen.

In reply to: flipped half screen.

RAD_ABZ,

With the unit on, try holding down the remote's EXIT button for 12 seconds, and see if you are prompted to RESET. If you are, key up to YES and see if that fixes the issue.

I don't think 72 hours is going to make a difference, but I'm all for suggestions.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Cheers.

In reply to: flipped half screen.

I'll give that a try thanks.

Collapse -
Nope..

In reply to: Cheers.

That didn't do anything I'm afraid :0(

Collapse -
Nope..

In reply to: Nope..

RAD_ABZ,

Darn. I was hoping it would. Looks like it would be a service issue. I just don't have any other suggestions.

--HDTech

Collapse -
one last thing.

In reply to: Nope..

Someone has mentioned to me about hitting the power and channel button at the same time, they seemed to know whet they were talking about and to be honest that's kinda rings a bell with what I did to break it.

Have you heard of this doing anything before?

Collapse -
After a firmware update

My whole screen flipped upside down after i upgraded to the last firmware. What caused this, and how may i fix it? Got my PS50B650 today, very happy, and then BAM! this.

Collapse -
After a firmware update

In reply to: After a firmware update

davidz0n,

This is the first I've heard of this issue.

Did you download the firmware update from the website, or was it downloaded from the TV?

Also, what region is the television from, and did you download the firmware for the television from the Samsung website in your region? You may need to call the Samsung customer service center in your region to have a repair technician come out and fix the issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
UK model

In reply to: After a firmware update

I downloaded the firmware off the UK Samsung site (it's a UK model). I was thinking that there would be a way to flip the horizontal picture in the servicemenu like on the DLP, but wouldn't void anything yet. Tried to find the original 002004 update somewhere but samsung does not keep an archive as i've seen..

Collapse -
EEPROM

In reply to: UK model

I had this samsung guy over and he reset what he called the EEPROM and the picture is now the correct way. If this is the same principal as the computer business, will i have to get hold of any values from samsung and make him reenter everything or is it okay after this reset?

Collapse -
EEPROM

In reply to: EEPROM

davidz0n,

It should be fine after the reset. If the values were off, in most of those integers, you'd definitely notice a problem that couldn't be ignored. So if it's working, I'd say that's a fix.

--HDTech

Collapse -
EEPROM

In reply to: EEPROM

Thank you! Everything looks as it should!

Collapse -
my samsung lcd series 3(LA32A330J1N) whole screen is flippe

my samsung lcd series 3(LA32A330J1N) whole screen is flipped do you have any idea about that? i reset the lcd in service menu, but nothing happens.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.