Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LCD manufatures extended warranty????

by dodgecrib / January 15, 2009 5:48 AM PST

Just wondering if I could purchase a Samsung extended warranty for my 52" 750 LCD from Samsung and if anyone feels its worth it. I usually do not opt for extended warranties and did not from Best Buy but I love this TV so much and would like to keep it up and running for years.

Thanks!!
BILL

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LCD manufatures extended warranty????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LCD manufatures extended warranty????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Warranty...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2009 4:23 PM PST

Quite honestly, I'm not sure if we have an extended warranty program. I've sent an email this evening, and expect a reply by Monday when Service gets back in the office.

That said, I do believe that you can purchase a warranty usually in the first 15-30 days of owning the television from that specific retailer (tho, that's my understanding, and no way implies any guarantee, suggested or otherwise, yadda yadda yadda). I'm pretty sure you can go back with your receipt and say, "Hey guys, I changed my mind and want a warranty".

If I don't respond on Monday regarding your inquiry about if we offer a warranty, let me know and I'll check the status on that. I do expect an answer by then.

Thanks for your patience.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Extended Warranty
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 19, 2009 2:29 AM PST

You can purchase an extended warranty through Samsung. Though, we usually recommend working with the retailers you brought your television from (for convenience sake, of course!), in the event that's not feasable, we do have a service at 1-866-309-9907.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Warranty
by dodgecrib / January 19, 2009 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Extended Warranty

OK thanks,
Is there a section in the website I can goto to view prices and details of the extended warranty?

BILL

Collapse -
There probably is...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 19, 2009 5:27 PM PST
In reply to: Warranty

Unfortunatly, I don't know where that would be.

All I have is the 800 number at this time. They might be able to direct you to an applicable website.

--HDTech

Collapse -
samsung lcd extended warranty very costly
by huskybuc / January 25, 2009 8:54 AM PST

I just purchased the LN46A650 from BestBuy. They tried to get me for a 3 year warranty at $249, but the first year overlaps the manufacturers warranty! I called Samsung and they do offer an extended warranty (3 extra years for $512!), but, In My Humble Opinion, Square Trade offers a cost effective warranty and they are highly rated. I have not found any other reasonable warranty.

Collapse -
Warranty
by dodgecrib / January 26, 2009 1:33 AM PST

Thanks for the info. Wow $512, I don't think so!
(Square Trade)???? what's that?

BILL

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.