HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LCD B530 is starting automatically

by pricop_t / March 20, 2011 8:06 PM PDT

Hi team,

I have a LCD B530 37", from 2010.
I have the following problem: the tv is pluged into the power cord. the electric company cut off the power. no electric current in my home, so no device is working.
when the power came back, the LCD it turning on automatically, so it's start. it should be in the standy-by mode
sometimes when i arrive in the evening at home, the tv is on, even if in the morning i did shut it down.

can you help me so tolve this problem, so the TV won't turn on when the power is comming back, and remain in the stand-by mode?

thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LCD B530 is starting automatically
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LCD B530 is starting automatically
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why not turn it off completely?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 20, 2011 8:23 PM PDT

Or doesn't it have an on/off switch?

Kees

Collapse -
by pricop_t / March 20, 2011 11:52 PM PDT

Hi Kees,

I don't want to turn it off completly. I just want to have it in standby. it's closed but the red light is on,like any other tv, and when you press on the remote the red button you will turn on the tv.
other tv that i have, don't turn on, when electric current is turned off and on.this one does.

Collapse -
The red LED on my TV is off if I turn it off.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 21, 2011 3:07 AM PDT

In fact, on both my 2 TV's. So "any other TV" doesn't include mine. When I want to look, I turn it on. Just like my radio (when I want to listen) or my PC (when I want to use that).

Your choice here, I think, if there's no choice in the setup menu to change this behavior.

Kees

Collapse -
by pricop_t / March 21, 2011 4:35 AM PDT

It's like this.

you turn on your tv. you watch 2h, then you turn off your tv. now the tv is in stand-by mode, means that the red led is on. to turn it on again you just to pres the red button on the remote.
but if the tv is turned off, and the power is cut off (no red led is on) for a period of time, when the power came back again, the tv should b again in stand-by (red led is on). but no it will be open just like you have presed the red button from the remote.
and this is what i'm trying to avoid. that the tv wont turn on by himself, when the power is back.

Collapse -
But it doesn't work that way, you say.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 21, 2011 5:17 AM PDT

So I'm afraid you can't do more than having this behaviour as a selection criterium for your next TV. Luckily, it's unlikely to live more than 10 years, so in 2020 you can have one that suits you better.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.