Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

SAMSUNG LA40B650 INDIA FIRMWARE ,INTERNET@TV FUNCTION

by nzabak / June 15, 2009 1:22 AM PDT

I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED SAMSUNG LCD SERIES 6 LA40B650 IN INDIA. i HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO FIRMWARE VERSION 1004.5 FROM SAMSUNG INDIA DOWNLOAD SITE.

MY PROBLEM IS:
1)WHY DOES SAMSUNG IS NOT RELEASING 1010.1 FIRMWARE WHICG IS ALREADY RELEASED IN UK SITE.
2) IS INTERNET@TV FUNCTION SUPPORTED IN INDIA? I AM UNABLE TO GET A ANSWER FROM SAMSUNG INDIA FOR MODEL NO LA40B650T1R.

--NILESH ZABAK
ZNILESH@HOTMAIL.COM

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG LA40B650 INDIA FIRMWARE ,INTERNET@TV FUNCTION
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG LA40B650 INDIA FIRMWARE ,INTERNET@TV FUNCTION
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SAMSUNG LA40B650 INDIA FIRMWARE ,INTERNET@TV FUNCTION
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 17, 2009 12:53 PM PDT

nzabak,

1. Different regions have different versions of firmware, and they are not compatible. The different firmwares address different issues experienced in different regions on the world.

2. I am not sure. The best thing to do would be to contact Samsung in India. If you sent an email inquiry, why not try calling the helpline instead?

SAMSUNG HELPLINE: 30308282*, 1800110011** & 180030008282**

Monday - Sunday: 9.00 AM - 8.00 PM

--HDTech

Collapse -
Strange reply - IN INDIA, SAMSUNG LAB650 CANNOT PLAY WIDGETS
by nzabak / June 18, 2009 4:29 AM PDT

YES I DID CONTACT SAMSUNG . I got a very strange reply. Samsung tells that they haven't tested yet internet widgets in India. No widgets are currently supported in India. And they are making yahoo responsible for it. They say yahoo is not supporting..

Is only yahoo the provider for widgets on samsung? i am sure there are lots of other widgets like rss feeds, news, weather etc.

But samsung customer care consistently answered "IN INDIA, SAMSUNG LAB650 DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY WIDGETS" NOT A SINGLE INTERNET FUNCTION WILL BE AVAILABLE IN INDIA.

CAN SOMEONE FROM SAMSUNG WORLDWIDE PUT SOME LIGHT ON THIS SERIOUS ISSUE AS WHY INTERNET WIDGETS CANNOT WORK FOR LA40B650 IN INDIA??

Collapse -
Strange reply - IN INDIA, SAMSUNG LAB650 CANNOT PLAY WIDGETS
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2009 4:06 PM PDT

nzabak,

I can't speak for, or make any kind of official announcement. I have no authority to do so, unfortunately.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung LA40B650 FIRMWARE INDIA
by nzabak / June 20, 2009 2:15 PM PDT

I understand. I don't need any official announcement from you. All i need to know is why are widgets country dependent. I understand yahoo has privacy policy colliding with some countries. but what about Rss feeds, games which are freely accessible...?

For firmware 1010.1 applied in India -

In service menu if i change region to UK i am able to acess many widgets other than Youtube .

In service menu if i change region to Ireland i am able to acess only Youtube .

why not provide improvements for indian firmware. All i need samsung is to raise issue to indian site and update the firmware. I am not just getting a way to raise the issue.

What is the use of Internet@Tv functionality then...?

Hope you understand and reply my query technically and not officially.

Collapse -
Samsung LA40B650 FIRMWARE INDIA
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 20, 2009 4:41 PM PDT

nzabak,

Likely because it's not a technical answer.

Every region has different laws on accessible content, as you pointed out. As well, the widget and content providers can choose to participate (or not) in each region, and in some regions, content (such as temperature reports) may not have a local organization willing to work with the widget developers willing to provide the necessary data. We do comply with laws and honor agreements with widget providers.

I'm unable to comment further. I don't know the circumstances, and I don't have the authority to answer any further than this.

Did the helpline telephone numbers not provide you with an address to the Office of the President? Allow me to post the address and direct line to Samsung's Corporate Office in India.

Perhaps addressing it to the LCD product manager may help. I don't have his name, but that title may suffice.

Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
7th & 8th Floor, IFCI Tower
61, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
Tel: (91-11) 41511234
Fax: (91-11) 41608818/19

They will likely be able to respond with information that I don't have access to for the India region.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks...Great help
by nzabak / June 20, 2009 8:32 PM PDT

Thank You,
Its a great help for address.
I will definitely follow.

But can you trigger some email or any other communication why india does not have latest firmware or will it be provided in future. Asking you because if someone from Samsung world talks to Samsung india things are different and may be solved quickly.

Collapse -
Thanks...Great help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 21, 2009 7:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks...Great help

nzabak,

I cannot do anything further, I'm sorry.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Internet tv not working
by bulbulahamadnz / July 19, 2010 7:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks...Great help

Hi I have got a 7 series 55inch 3d tv from Samsung and the 3D blu ray player as well. The TV is outstanding but the problem I had so far is experiencing the Internet@TV.

Well I have tried connecting the TV and the blu ray player through LAN. Both of them shows on the network tests that I am passing all of the required things like, MAC address, IP, Gateway and Internet@TV. But When I tune in to Internet@TV I cannot access anything on the screen.

A message appears on the right hand side of the screen saying that "Connect to the internet and enjoy various Contents through Internet@TV. The feature may not be available in some Countries"

While my blu ray player did download the latest firmware using the same connection which tells me that it is connected to the internet with no problem. But I really dont have any clue whats goin on? Please help. Thanks a bunch.

Collapse -
RE:Samsung LA40B650 FIRMWARE INDIA
by johnmark08 / January 4, 2010 5:21 AM PST

Nzabak,

Thanks for your thread. Don't know why they should start selling their products knowing fully well it could not be explored because of one law/regulation or the other.

However, My Dongle for LE467020 could not be updated for firmware.It is self-updating as i have learnt. Have changed my region to UK but I cannot still get beyond what am getting at the moment(YouTube).

Any suggestion from you.

Regards
John

Collapse -
Internet TV not working in India on Samsun 6 Series LA40B650
by pravinpednekar / January 16, 2010 10:19 PM PST

Hi There,

My internet TV is not working on the Smsung LA40B650. When I contact the samsung customer care, they say that service providers in India dont support it. I dont understand why must ISP be blamed for this. After all its network connection port and widegets shoudl start on its own. I read in this forum that if you chanhe the country setting to anything except none it works. Could some one who has got thi working in India please confirm if there is a way we could acess internet widgets.

Collapse -
quick question
by com.call.drop / August 11, 2009 12:12 AM PDT

I have the same issue - cannot access any online content.

Did you install the UK firmware on your tv? It is not supposed to work - did you face any problems?

Thanks

Collapse -
NO UPDATE FOR INDIAN FIRMWARE FOR LA40B650 IN INDIA....?
by nzabak / August 22, 2009 7:18 PM PDT
In reply to: quick question

UK FIRMWARE FOR SAME MODEL OF LE40B650 HAVE BEEN UPDATED AS FOLLOWING VERSIONS : 1001, 1004, 1010 , 2001.5 AND NOW CURRENTLY 2004.5

WHERE AS INDIAN FIRMWARE FOR SAME MODEL LA40B650 IS 1004...? ARE INDIAN MAKERS OF SAMSUNG NOT INTERESTED IN KEEPING BUGS OUT AS THE OTHER SAMSUNG COUNTRIES ARE DOING..? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM....???
i CAN CERTAINLY LIST BUGS WHICH ARE FIXED BY UK ONE:
1)BETTER PICTURE
2)SUBTITLES PROBLEMS FIXED
3)DIGITAL , ANALOG SCANNING AVAILABLE.
AND MANY MORE..............

"SAMSUNG INDIA" PLEASE WAKE UP. WE ALSO NEED FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Firmware upgrades for LED 46B7000
by atuljadhav / April 7, 2010 6:45 PM PDT

Samsung India,

It is very disappointing that you are blaming ISPs for not providing services to Internet@TV.

I need firmware upgrade to have this facility on my TV, I have shelled out extra bucks for the same else I would have opted for 46B6000 instead.

Thanks & regards,

Atul

Collapse -
Same issue with me....
by mailsumitsingh / June 22, 2010 5:27 AM PDT

Feel like cheated be a worldwide electronics manufacturer... if they can not give such services then why selling their devices here in India... I spent much more xtra just to use the internet @ TV services and DLNA... but no support found for both of them....

I believe after reading all the above experiences same like mine i have made my mind to move to consumer court because there resellers are selling the LED tv with wrong informations....

I dont have any other brand product at home if had the choice from Samsung but this time i have been cheated and wont let someone cheat on my money ....

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences here....

Collapse -
Unable to Connect to Internet
by venkatnt / July 25, 2010 1:13 AM PDT

Hi Nzabak,

I bought LA40B650 from Saudi to India thow internet did not work in Saudi, i anticipated it would work at-least in India after all its advance in technology...but looks like its same case here too. Happen to see your forums. Kindly help me how to resolve this issue.
I use BSNL & Airtel for Internet access but its not working.

What is the exact firmware to upgrade/upload.
From which samsung site (contry) should I download the firmware.

Kindly mail to nagendra18@yahoo.com

Regards
Venkat

Collapse -
Samsung model: LA40B650
by nitinmahajan14 / August 7, 2010 8:19 AM PDT

Can any one from Samsung India can ans the following questions:

1. When Internet@TV is available for LA40C650 in India? why can't you provide firmware upgrade for LA40B650? When it is available worldwide?
2. Why do we always have to shout/scream/fight to get the value of the product? I paid INR 90,000 to buy that model which supports Internet@TV feature worldwide but not in India

Please answer my question in details. Waiting for the reply.

Collapse -
Got stuff working and some explanations
by jiten_tech / August 21, 2010 12:28 AM PDT

Hi Folks,

To cut the story short, I bought a B series LED 46B7000 TV and was have the same issues, no Widgets and no Apps. While installing i checked and asked the engineer to get them working, he of course couldnt. (for obvious reasons that samsung does not aupport).

I read some posts experimented and changed the region to Indonesia. Wow, 3 Apps and a weather widget showing new delhi weather. But only 3??? Raised the issue a lot in Samsung, returned the product within 3 days and bought 40C7000. Then started experimenting with that.

The region changed to indonesia again and i have some 20 widgets on firmware level 1007. (upgraded from 1004)

Okay some frustration now, 'B' series it seems cannot have more than some basic widgets for some unknown reason. (known only to God and Samsung)

'C' series whether LED or LCD has upgraded '2010 Internet @ Home' for which developers are currently writing widgets available on the tv apps site "tv.samsungapps.com". Now of course Samsung is taking thier own sweet time to release login program for India region which would come automatically as the firmware for india advances (i hope).

Also, the models having updated "2010 Internet @ Home" feature can be expected to work with all newer widgets for which the App SDK was released for public Application development. The SDK was never released for older Internet@Home feature so only Samsung can develop apps for that, and we know they are not going to do that.

Thanks for reading a long post. Home this clarifies somewhat.
-Jitender

Collapse -
samsung internet@tv
by mdmuhad / December 31, 2010 1:26 PM PST

all,
I had bought anew LA32C650 a week back and i have read in all forums about the problem reg samsung apps.
I thinks these apps have many region restrictions and limitations.

Who ever is planning to buy samsung internet@tv - hold on -There is hell lot of issues to be resolved based on from which country u r using it.

u will end up finally at these forums with the comment 'I dont have the apps which are in US / UK ' - ' Good Apps are not available ' !!!!

Collapse -
SAMSUNG LA40B650 INDIA, INTERNET@TV FUNCTION
by shiva_raman / April 26, 2011 12:42 AM PDT

Hi, I spoke to Samsung too, to my shock they said this particular model is 2009 model and does not come with INTERNET@TV FUNCTION. I tried to look for firmwares and I do not see any new version. But The technician 'Suresh' Was extremely irritating to talk to and very arrogantly said what ever version we install INTERNET@TV FUNCTION will not work coz it is not enabled for this TV. Sad efffing waste of money on the TV and the WiFi device too.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!