Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Question

Samsung LA32B650 DLNA Problems

by nicksmith10 / August 6, 2011 2:37 PM PDT

Hi there,

I have viewed this forum many times and found answers so thanks to all those people that answer on here.

I have two TV's from 2009

LA32B650
PS50B650

and two from 2010 which are Plasma 58" Non 3D.

I have a wired connection for all TV's that go to a media centre on my PC.

Everything plays beautifully on the 2010 models, however on the 2009 models they only play in a small square on the TV's.

If I connect a USB drive to the 2009 TV's with the same file then they play perfectly.

Any ideas why when I play directly from the PC via DLNA on the 2009 models they play differently ?

Thanks for your support.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LA32B650 DLNA Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LA32B650 DLNA Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
DLNA
by nicksmith10 / August 6, 2011 2:38 PM PDT

By the way I have the latest firmware installed on all models.

Collapse -
If you follow this forum and others.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 6, 2011 2:44 PM PDT
In reply to: DLNA

We have never found the TV makers to upgrade firmware to address this issue.

All of them are telling us to transcode the content or use other DLNA servers.

Some consumers get upset about this because they are used to PC makers that issue fixes.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by nicksmith10 / August 6, 2011 5:48 PM PDT

Cheers Bob I thought that was the case.

Gonna have to find me a decent DLNA, used Mezzmo for a bit maybe have to do that again.

Nick

Collapse -
Re: Samsung LA32B650 DLNA Problems
by Andy Holman / August 7, 2011 10:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

I have a Samsung B-series TV very similar to yours and Mezzmo works fine for me. The trick I found was to make sure after you install Mezzmo and it finds your TV that you go into Mezzmo and change the device profile to Samsung B for your 2009 (B-series) TVs. Be default Mezzmo chooses the wrong Samsung A profile and that does not work. For your 2010 models, choose the Samsung C device profile.

Collapse -
Answer
Try This
by Mr Shaun Warburton / August 7, 2011 1:43 AM PDT

Click on the tools Menu and look for picture settings and press until the correct picture appears

Collapse -
Try This
by nicksmith10 / August 7, 2011 4:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Try This

Thanks Shaun, tried that too, but they are all still small pictures.

Collapse -
Something else
by nicksmith10 / August 7, 2011 4:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Try This

Any ideas, why they work direct from the USB flawlessly but through DLNA they don't ?

Is it something to do with the transcoder in the old machines ? ( old 2009 !! )

Nick

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!