Question

Samsung Judder Problems

I've got a relatively new 40" Samsung LED HD TV. I'm having awful Judder/Blur problems on certain HD channels. I've talked to Samsung customer service and they've been no help. I've adjusted Auto motion Plus 8 ways to Sunday and that hasn't helped. I've also got a 60" Panasonic Plasma HD. Both are hooked up to Verizon Fios. The Panasonic has no judder/blur problems. I find it hard to believe that in 2012 Sumsung is putting out TV's like this.
Any suggestions/fixes?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Judder Problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Judder Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Best setting I found so far

Was to turn it off. Go figure.

- Collapse -
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply. I tried that. Unfortunately it didn't work either.

- Collapse -
That's sad.

I don't have one of those to try but usually that does the trick. It is certainly required for a game box like the PS3 and 360 so I'd ask them again how to turn it off. Completely off.
Bob

- Collapse -
Good advice
Alright, I'll ask and see if that works.

Thanks
Scott
- Collapse -
Good advice

Starfer7,

- Collapse -

Thank you for your suggestion. Both my Panasonic and my Samsung are set to 1080p. The Panasonic is fine. The Samsung is horrible. Basically unwatchable.

- Collapse -
Since OFF is not working

My bet is the Ambassador will write about arrange for service. Judder has to be capable of disable for game consoles or there is a lag or other video issue.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks
Thanks Bob,We'll see what happens.

Scott
- Collapse -
Samsung Tech's need more education

I too have dealt with this one. Very frustrating. In a post I complained about the Soap Opera effect and a Samsung tech told me to turn off Automotion Plus. The judder was awful, and when I complained about the judder, a Samsung tech said it was because you turned off the Automotion plus. I have about one more week while I can still return this UN55D6420. I very much want to keep it, but in the end I have to be confident that it is capable of producing a decent picture that looks realistic and free of judder. (See my other beef about adding digital channels manually)
So far I've tried Automotion Plus set to "Clear". No Soap Opera effect and mild Judder.
I am currently experimenting with "Custom" Judder - 8, Blur Reduction - 0
In the end I hope to be able to tune it to a picture I can live with. Samsung needs to tune their manuals and Tech advice such that people are not returning these tv's when they are tricky to get good results with.
The most challenging scene that is a good test for Judder is from LOTR- The Two Towers, Extended blu-ray, disc 2, chapter 13, 44:25 where the camera pans around Aragorn for 360 degrees. With Automotion plus off the mountains are just a twitching.

- Collapse -
Thanks for the advice
Thanks very much for the advice. Yes, very frustrating. Hard to believe that they're selling products this bad. I'll try the setting's you've suggested. It's a shame that we have to search for a way to live with the least annoying picture.

Scott
- Collapse -
Great Explanation of Judder

CNET Forums