Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Internet TV Video

I am using a Samsung LE32C650 tv. Just opened up a trial Love film subscription to see if it is worthwhile doing. Being a television colourist I find that if the setting are not spot on then I just spend the whole film getting more and more hacked of the it does not look as intended.
<div>When I watch films via the internet option the display seems to default to a factory settings view resulting in all films looking like home video footage. It is extremely annoying and a massive drawback. I have been unable to find a way of adjusting the video settings while watching in internet mode. Am I being dense or is there a way of sorting this.
</div>

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Internet TV Video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Internet TV Video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I fear that purists will be upset.

In reply to: Samsung Internet TV Video

Much like those audiophiles were revolted by MP3s. You may want to move to Plasma for the set and stick to Blu-Ray content if this must be done proper.

These streaming content providers are not only off but compressing the content to the point you see all sorts of display flaws. Lip sync issues too.

This feels like the Audiophile MP3 problem all over again.
Bob

Collapse -
Understand the need for Compromise

In reply to: I fear that purists will be upset.

I am in awe that living in a tiny rural village with frankly terrible internet speeds that it is possible to stream a film at all. Of course I understand that in order to make this a viable option they have had to compress the bejesus out of it. I am actually ok with that and can to an extent live with the occasional lag in audio as well.
The problem with the picture is on that occurs with all film on an HD set. I have to say that as having been an editor and colourist for 15 years I have hated HD content ever since it came out. I agree that, on paper, chasing higher quality and detail is a laudable pursuit. However all it does is make everything feel slightly hyper-real and unsympathetic.
Luckily when watching film through an HD set you can usually dial out these problems with the Motion Plus and interlacing. The problem is that Samsung seem to have forgotten that, having given you a wonderful array of adjustment for all the other imputs, you might also want these same adjustments for the channel that the internet footage uses.

Collapse -
Which is why...

In reply to: Understand the need for Compromise

I connect up my laptop to the HDMI port for more control.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!