Samsung forum

Question

Samsung HW-J7500 Network Disconnecting and Reconnecting

My Samsung HW-J7500 soundbar suddenly started disconnecting and reconnecting to the Internet recently. It does it for both Wifi setup and Ethernet wired setup. It's annoying to hear the disconnect and connect sound notification over and over again while watching something. Does it have anything with recent update? Any solution to this? Used to work perfectly fine, never had the issue before.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HW-J7500 Network Disconnecting and Reconnecting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HW-J7500 Network Disconnecting and Reconnecting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
?

In reply to: Samsung HW-J7500 Network Disconnecting and Reconnecting

I'm sorry to hear this, please excuse my confusion. Are you having trouble with the Subwoofer disconnecting from the Soundbar? This particular model does not have Wifi, or Are you referring to Bluetooth?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
(NT) It is the HW-J7500 Samsung Curved Sounbar. It does has Wifi.

In reply to: ?

Collapse -
H

In reply to: ?

Sorry about the last post.
It is the HW-J7500 Samsung Curved Sounbar. It does has Wifi and ethernet capabilities. The internet whether connected via Wifi or hard wired via Ethernet continously connects and disconnects and makes a loud sound notification each time.

Collapse -
Ideas.

In reply to: H

1. Call Samsung and get your service number on the issue.
2. During the call they should have you check firmware all around.
3. The network is not theirs so they might not be able to help. If this was mine I'd create a network on a dedicated switched Ethernet hub all for this system. That way I'm not leaning on some ISP supplied POC modem router.

This isn't to write these ideas will fix it. If it still fails, just go for refund as defective to market product and look again at the Sonus or Chromecast Audio.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Disconnecting and reconnecting

My HW-J7500 has started doing the same thing. Did you get a satisfactory result to this issue?

Collapse -
No

In reply to: Disconnecting and reconnecting

I have been hoping it was an update issue. They have not released an update since earlier this year. Maybe an update would fix it. Still nothing tho. Still very annoying at times. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung s***t

Just been in touch with Samsung and they either don't know or don't understand this problem. Because it happens randomly I've told them that its not worth sending an engineer to watch tv with me for a few hours! Samsung are showing themselves up on this one.

Collapse -
Service Request

In reply to: Samsung s***t

I just submitted a service request so i shall let you know if i get any results. I just recently performed the most recent update and it actually happens way more often now.

Collapse -
Frustrated

In reply to: Service Request

Tried all sorts of things, resetting tv, soundbar, router all to no avail. Have you heard anything yet

Collapse -
well......

In reply to: Frustrated

Ok so i did put a service request in. They said this is not something that can come to the house and fix. I need to mail it myself, shipping and handling not included. They will diagnose it and either repair or replace, with a refurbished unit :/. I have not sent my soundbar in because the cost for shipping and handling, including having to find a box to fit the thing.

In other news, with the most recent update to the firmware, if you use the mobile phone app. They did release a feature to turn on or off sound feedback. In other words the soundbar still disconnects and reconnects frequently but there is no noise when it does it, all you see is the text on the front of the screen flash.... Not quite what i was looking for but for now it works for me. I hated hearing that dropped internet noise n then connected network noise, especially when im watchin something n the volume is high.

Collapse -
Answer
I think I fixed mine

When I was using just my HW-J7500 by itself, I connected it to my TV via TVSOUNDCONNECT which connects using Bluetooth. I never had any problems with it then. Several months ago I bought a pair of the Samsung Radiant360 R1's to add as wireless surrounds. In order to use them I had to use the Samsung multiroom app and connect them and my soundbar to my TV via Wi-Fi in order to make it work as true surround. This is when I started having the same problem that you are describing. It would do it all the time. It got to the point that I would just use the soundbar by itself connected with TVSOUNDCONNECT so I wouldn't have to listen to it disconnect and reconnect all the time. After months of trying to fix the problem, I think I finally did. From what I can tell the speakers are initially connected via Wi-Fi to the router using the Samsung multiroom app. Once you connect to the TV, the TV transmits its own Wi-Fi signal directly to the speakers using a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal. My internet router is in the same room, as my TV and speakers. It transmits both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals. After months of troubleshooting, the only thing I could figure is that it was interference from my router that was causing the problem with my speakers. What I did was disable the 2.4 GHz signal on my router and switch everything I have that uses Wi-Fi over to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi so that there wouldn't be anything interfering with the signal between my TV and speakers. Since then, it has worked flawlessly. It's only been a few days but so far so good. If that doesn't fix my problem permanently, I think the only other solution is to replace my speakers with something else. I will update this if anything changes.

Collapse -
Save my sanity- fix mine

In reply to: I think I fixed mine

Can you tell me if you are still issue free with your surround set up?
I have exactly the same issue with a 6500 and 2 Samsung 360 R1 and it's driving me nuts!

If yours is still fixed can you tell me step by step what you did with your router. I have apple devices, TVs, play stations and Xbox that feed off my router besides my surround.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Collapse -
Still no issues!

In reply to: Save my sanity- fix mine

I still haven't had any issues with my TV/speakers since I did the changes to my router.

I don't know that I can tell you step by step what I did with my router as there are a lot of different routers out there. It should tell you in your router's manual how to enable or disable the different wi-fi signals. In a nutshell though, most relatively new routers will broadcast both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals. I found that with my router in the same room as my TV, the 2.4 GHz signal was interfering with the 2.4 GHz signal that was being sent between the TV and the speakers. What I did was go into my wireless router settings and disabled the 2.4 GHz signal so that my router was only broadcasting 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Most modern devices that work on Wi-Fi will accept both so what I had to go to each device that I had that was using Wi-Fi and change them over the 5 GHz network that way the only thing in my house that was using 2.4 GHz was the TV and the speakers.

Since I did this, I have had absolutely no issues with the connection between my TV and the speakers.

I hope this helps.

Collapse -
Awesome!

Yeah I've noticed the TV putting off its own WiFi and disconnecting from the network and does the same thing over and over. I have not tried disabling the 2.4 GHz WiFi from my router and using only 5 GHz range. All I have done to relieve some of my frustration is on the multi-room app there is an option for sounds feedback, i turned this off on all speakers so it doesn't make any noise when it connects and disconnects. You will still see the text but no sound feedback.

Collapse -
Samsung Speakers

Hi

I’m in the UK. Please can you explain how you fixed the problem. I don’t understand and am not very technical. Thanks.

Collapse -
Don't bury your post in an old thread.

In reply to: Samsung Speakers

Post a new request for help. folk may not be following this thread anymore.
Dafydd. (UK).

Collapse -
Answer
Finally Sorted

Hi guys, I am new to cnet and this is my first post. When I had this problem this is the thread I came across and I wanted to share my solution. This issue has been causing me a huge head ache even more so having the time to resolve it. I initially came up with the plan once I disabled my 2.4ghz range on the router (as recommended above). Problem is I didn't want to permanently disable that range as I do use it for other equipment.

So what I have done is purchased a router with an Ethernet (RJ45) in port rather than an RJ11. I have set this up as an Access Point, connected to my normal router but fixed the channel of the 2.4ghz range to a different chanel from my router. To get the best channel I downloaded a WIFI Anyliser app from the windows store and just picked the one with the least traffic. Plugged my TV in to the router (I am sure wireless would work but I haven't tried it). And then setup my speakers through my phone using multiroom. To test the system I have been throwing gigs of downloads out wirelessly and uploading files to my NAS (which is previously where the issue occurred). Absolutely no issue at all! I will keep an eye over it on the days to come but I had to sort something as I don't think Samsung will be doing anything soon.

Collapse -
Samsung 6500 soundbar.

In reply to: Finally Sorted

Hi all,
got the same problem with latest soundbar and KS9000 tv.
Just started with Samsung helpline-dreadfull!
Been through all cures previously mentioned to no avail.
Not up to doing the things you techies have done with routers.
Am I wasting my time with this or is there an easier cure?
Out of interest I assume the streaming facility would be interrupted by the disconnection?
Mike

Collapse -
Answer
trouble with HW J7500

I had trouble with the same sound bar and speakers mine was connected to two R3 speakers for surround sound, I have been onto Samsung for over a year with the problem, they have replaced two sound bars with problems different from the one I have now, their helpline is as much good s a chocolate fire guard, It would take me about 15 min everytime I used the system sometimes It would work fine for a few days then start again, switching on and off ,updating , then it would go to DIN connection, I had tried every suggestion going then I purchased the Samsung WAM250 hub it took a bit to set up on my system but now all is well, it even turns on now when the TV is switch on ,the surround sound seems better and up to now no problems
hope this helps

Collapse -
Answer
Firmware problem

The samsung has problems with mulitply SSID and same SSID on 2.4 and 5ghz.

Make a uniek SSID with one fixed mac adress, than it will stay to work.
Thay have change the firmware, so the lasted update is buggy.

When it see to SSID

PAM

Collapse -
Answer
Mine solved

Its kinda wired that i just push the repeat button on my remote longer (around few second). No alert anymore.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.