Question

Samsung HW-E450

I have just purchased a Samsung ES5500 smart tv and a sound bar Hw-e350
When I connect the sound bar to either my digital decoder or my DVD player the sound bar works, however I cannot seem to get it to work via the tv for when I watch anything on the smart TV like Netflix etc

I am not using a HDMI cable but using the audio cable supplied.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Concerned that the audio ports on the tv might be the issue

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung HW-E450
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung HW-E450
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I think this was covered in a prior discussion.

But I fear the app's author has to do something to enable sound from other than the speakers. Since Netflix is the author you complain to them as well as Samsung.

You are not doing anything wrong. Some fault me for thinking it's time for Samsung to own the apps too.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung HW-E450 with TV
- Collapse -
Sound bar

I get sound through the apps, but NOT through my attached Sound Bar

- Collapse -
Re: Sound bar, no sound from apps

Hi Chappell70,

It's the same issue at that post over there. You get sound on your TV speakers, but not on an attached sound bar, so the same troubleshooting steps apply.

HD Tech

CNET Forums