General discussion

Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater connection problems

I just bought a Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater System and I would like to connect everything the best way possible. I have connected the sound part of the system with little trouble and I tested the speakers with the built in tester. All sounds good but the video connects do not work well. I created a diagram of all the inputs and outputs of all my equipment. (See JPG link. http://public.me.com/deg/Home-Theater-Settup.jpg )

Here is the text list.
Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater System
Samsung Blu-ray BD-C6500
Dish Network HD Solo DVR VIP612
Samsungs TV LN40B650 40" 1080p LCD TV (2009 MODEL)
Nintendo Wii

I have a bunch of HDMI cables, and 3 optical audio cables and a component connection cable for the Wii (bought separately). I would like to use the Samsung AnyNet + feature if this is possible just so I can minimize the amount of remotes. I am fairly technically minded and I have tried a few configurations but none seem to make everything function the way it should. I have tried the Samsung website and I downloaded all the manuals for everything.

Please help. I know you guys are the experts.

Nick Degner

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater connection problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater connection problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung HW-C560S Home Theater connection problems

nickdegner,

Why not connect the Blu-Ray, Dish DVR to the HT system via HDMI, and then the Nintendo with either component (better) or composite (SD), and then output the picture to the television with HDMI?

Have you changed the audio inputs to send bitstream to the HT system? It's likely that it would be able to decode some of the signals - and for those signals that might have trouble, you could use PCM as the setting.

Just a thought.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
HT connection

That layout seems to have almost too many options! Mine is more limited, as my basic HT only has one optical input and HDMI, so everything has to connect to the TV. However, the Anynet+ controls the other devices through the TV remote. If using another remote, it will control the TV or HT sound, whichever is selected. You might want to try that layout first, then change one device at a time.

If you were connecting devices through the HT, I'd think you would need to use the HT remote as your main, otherwise switching sources could be a bit awkward from the TV's Anynet+ menu. I need to select "Tools" then down to whichever "Device Menu" I want, then wait a few seconds before I can access the remote device menu functions.

I don't know if connecting devices through the HT would affect audio sync (without adjusting delays), but it probably gives you more options for multi-channel sound. It's not clear to me whether the TV always passes this through.

CNET Forums

Forum Info