Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung HTBD8200 Blu Ray Soundbar

by Reberty2000 / July 3, 2010 6:20 AM PDT

My Samsung Blu Ray 8200 Soundbar has refused to come on today and the only thing that is lit up is the power button which is flashing red and white. Nothing else works so the problem seems quite terminal. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HTBD8200 Blu Ray Soundbar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HTBD8200 Blu Ray Soundbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2010 5:35 AM PDT

Reberty2000,

It almost seems like the unit is trying to link up to the sub.

The white indicator is usually when you're syncing up the subwoofer.

Try pressing the ID SET button on the back of the subwoofer, and re-sync the sub to see if that fixes the issue. Instructions are found on page 20 of the manual.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by Reberty2000 / July 5, 2010 6:19 AM PDT

Many thanks. I followed the instructions on page 20 of the manual but nothing happened. The main unit appears to be in a "sleep mode" as none of the lights are working on the top panel other than the power indicator which is flashing red and white. I look forward to hearing from you.

Collapse -
2015 reply -- Samsung HTBD8200
by alexinkelowna / March 21, 2015 6:56 AM PDT

Hello,

I am experiencing the flashing white and red light on start up. The instruction on page 20 do not do anything, as the main unit itself is unresponsive.

Is there any way to get my BRAND NEW bluray out of the system?

Please help me out with this.

Collapse -
Usually we disassemble it to get to that out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 21, 2015 7:02 AM PDT

It's a shame the old days of the eject hole are gone.

Collapse -
Samsung is ignoring this problem
by cnet_readerFL / February 12, 2011 8:36 AM PST

I experienced the same exact problem with that model. I found that if I unplug the unit for several hours, the problem goes away and it works fine again. However, it happens again after several hours of use. A quick unplug does nothing, but some # of hours off power lets it "reset" apparently. I've repeated this cycle 3 times now, and simply leave the unit unplugged unless I want to use it. Doing a hard reset and upgrading the ROM did nothing to help. I suspect some kind of power supply issue. Samsung support seems clueless, and it first happened to me at the tail end of the warranty period and I'm so disgusted with the response from Samsung support that I'll probably just ride it out until it dies, buy something else, and never buy a Samsung product again. Very disappointing waste of $$$ and even worse Samsung support.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!