Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung HT-X810 2.1 Channel System & internet

by kayutajack / September 7, 2010 11:22 AM PDT

I have the HTx810 system and are having problems connecting to the internet. The store of course told me that the system was Wi-Fi ready to get on the internet, but found out more later. When the unit is located - I can only use - wireless or Powerline Ethernet Adapters. I hooked up the powerline adapters - and can get on the net in the setup screen - but soon as I launch Netflix or Pandora the powerline adaptors go from green to red - and I get and error message with the Samsung Unit. I also can't get on line using the wireless router from the phone company - (company Frontier) keep getting error messages - hope someone can help. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HT-X810 2.1 Channel System & internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HT-X810 2.1 Channel System & internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung HT-X810 2.1 Channel System & internet
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / September 9, 2010 12:28 PM PDT

kayutajack,

I'm sorry for the delay, but I have been doing some research on this device. From the info I have, it does not seem that the HT-X810 actually offers any internet connectivity at all. I have checked the rear panel as shown in the manual, and I was not able to find any ethernet connections to allow for a connection to a home network, nor was I able to find any mention of network connectivity. Are you sure you are using the HT-X810 as the main unit when connecting to the internet? Since the HT-X810 is a DVD playing SoundBar, it shouldn't have access to Internet@TV functions. Perhaps you have another Samsung device that is trying to connect to the network for internet functionality?

--CETech

Collapse -
Samsung Blu Ray and Powerline Ethernet
by MBNetGuru / September 17, 2010 4:59 AM PDT

What powerline Ethernet adapters are you using? Some of them are MUCH better than others. You want to be sure you have HomePlug AV rated adapters to get the best performance. Some of the adapters (like Plaster Networks) have diagnostics tools that can help you figure out what the problem may be.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.