Samsung forum

Question

Samsung HT-J5500 & Xbox One... issues.

by seanmwaple / October 10, 2016 6:26 AM PDT

I have asked this everywhere and cant get an answer.

So I have a Samsung un55fh6200 TV, xfinity cable box, Xbox one, Samsung htj5500 5.1 system.
I have Xbox hdmi out to TV hdmi in.
Xfinity Cable box out to Xbox in.
Then I run the receiver hdmi out to the other hdmi in on the TV.
I have optical from receiver to Xbox. Receiver only has one hdmi output. No hdmi in either.

When I go into sound settings on the Xbox I have surround on and it lets me chose Dts or dolby digital for the optical audio but hdmi doesn't let me Choose anything but stereo uncompressed. How can I get the hdmi 5.1 uncompressed setting on the Xbox to enable the 5.1 surround sound without having to Unplug my cable box from the Xbox . Having the seamless transition from TV to gaming is something I can't give up... Any options?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HT-J5500 & Xbox One... issues.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HT-J5500 & Xbox One... issues.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is this a duplicate?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

I checked https://www.cnet.com/profiles/seanmwaple/ and see we've been over this.

But I was unclear about HD audio pass through. It's never a sure thing. Why sellers and makers aren't telling all about this is unclear. My bet is they don't want to lose the sale.

Collapse -
yeah
by seanmwaple / October 10, 2016 10:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this a duplicate?

Basically if someone will just verify that the optical bitstream format DTS digital is just as good as HDMI uncompressed 5.1 then Ill be good lol

Collapse -
For that question I'd get to
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2016 10:31 AM PDT
In reply to: yeah

The AVS Forum (found with google.) Sorry if no one will tell you about passing HD audio and video but it's an area that is rather well done with too many folk going up in flames over it.

Some disagree about forced HDCP (I'll take it you know how to google acronyms) on HD content, but even games are doing that now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?