General discussion

Samsung home theater sound cuts out

I have a Samsung HT-C6600 Blu ray home theater system and the sound cuts out when watching cable TV. DVDs are fine. I replaced the cable box/hdmi cable, the blu ray player, the optical audio cable, even the new samsung TV and it still does it. Sound does not cut out if I listen to the TV speakers so it seems like the Blu ray player to me. I tried to update the SW but keep getting an error (tried 2 different usb drives and burned a dvd). I'm thinking this model has problems. Anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung home theater sound cuts out
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung home theater sound cuts out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

Frustrated96734,

I might suggest, if you're having trouble with the cable TV part only, contacting the cable company to see if they can do a hard-reset or a firmware update on your cable box. In most cases, this can be performed by them while you're on the phone.

If you'd rather not call, you can try to reset the cable box by unplugging the unit for a minute and then plugging it back in and powering it up.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Did that twice, with both cable boxes. Turned the Blu ray system off and just used the TV speakers and everything is fine.

- Collapse -
home theatre also cutting out

Best buy guy sold us this home theater system HT-C6600 when we bought our samsung plasma 3d tv. and i'm having the same exact problem. Did you find a fix other than using the tv speakers?

- Collapse -
home theater also cutting out

Yes. I took it back and bought a Sony BDV-E770W system. It was a pain in the butt to have to take the system apart, box it up and reinstall another system but I have had ZERO problems with the Sony Home Theater System and it sounds great. I actually liked the Samsung remote better but that is a minor point. I programmed my Oceanic cable remote to operate the cable box, Samsung TV and the Sony HT so for regular TV watching I don't even use the Sony remote just the Oceanic one. IF the firmware update from the website is working now you could give that a try but I was so fed up at that point I decided to just make a drastic change and I don't regret it. Good luck.

- Collapse -
the same problem with Samsung HT-C6600 sound cuts out

I am also having the same problem. I will return the system tomorrow. The sound from the DirectTV satellite drops out inter-mitten. Works well for 10 to 15 min.then two or three two or three seconds of sound cut out. It repeats randomly over and over again. Also , nothing wrong with the just the tv speaker without the Home theater connnected. It is intolerable. After reading these posts I see that this pattern indicates a problem with this sound unit that is affecting many others.
My opinion is Samsung got a problem and they need to pull this system off the market until they solve it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info