Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung HLR5667w Picture Checkered pattern

by jimmazjr / September 18, 2009 3:00 PM PDT

My Samsung DLP TV HLR5667w has been giving me checkered patterns on the screen lately. It will go away for awhile if I uplug and replug the TV. I know that it is not the cable because my other TV's do not have the problem and the problem still occurs on the antenna mode.

The channels will also freeze for a bit and then continue. Sometimes the picture will freeze and the sound will continue as normal. The TV will shut off by itself and sometimes will not start for several minutes.

Below are some examples of the picture. Help please, the TV is about 3.5 years old.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2vegas/3932713011/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2vegas/3933484666/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HLR5667w Picture Checkered pattern
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HLR5667w Picture Checkered pattern
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung HLR5667w Picture Checkered pattern
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 18, 2009 7:15 PM PDT

jimmazjr,

It could be a board or a color wheel issue. I'm not able to offer a definitive diagnosis, but I'd recommend having the unit inspected.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung DLP
by geriakt / October 31, 2009 2:29 AM PDT

Did you determine the problem with your Samsung DLP. I have the same exact problem. I was going to just purchase a new digital board and replace it myself.

geriakt@hotmail.com

Tom

Collapse -
I'm interested as well...
by Chisailor / November 16, 2009 9:54 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung DLP

I have the same problem after I replaced my color Wheel.

Thanks

Collapse -
I still have the problem
by jimmazjr / November 17, 2009 3:11 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung DLP

I might just buy another TV it seems that it may be too expensive to fix plus there are other problems that may occur. I'm just going to look for another TV (not a Samsung)

My TV will sometimes come in great on the HD channels but it developes that patern after about an hour or two. On the non HD channels I always get the checkered pattern and now the TV freezes and shuts off by itself. Some days it takes about a half hour to turn on.

Very Frustrating

Collapse -
Me too...
by golfgoddess74 / November 22, 2009 4:34 AM PST

I am really starting to hate this tv. I am having the same problem exactly. Your pictures are exactly what mine is doing. From all the forums, I believe I have a board failure, however I am not sure which board it is. I have located this website that has the boards listed, but I am not sure which one.

http://www.samsungparts.com/search/search.asp?PageNo=1&GoToPage=2&searchflag=byonemodel&searchkey=&modelid=361108&view=15&refinekey=Enter Keyword&sortkey=partnumber&division_oid=

If anybody had any success fixing this - please let me know!

Thanks
Wendy

Collapse -
Green/Purple video distortions
by Polecat007 / July 11, 2010 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Me too...

hi Wendy,

Diagnoses might be as simple as connecting a computer to the VGA input of your TV. If this solves your problem, the issue is with your digital board (specifically the solder under the dnie chip). Sorry to say you'll have to wait in line for a resolution....there are thousands of customers looking to Samsung to repair this manufacturing defect.

Collapse -
Is samsung covering this
by jimmazjr / October 23, 2010 1:59 PM PDT

Does samsung cover this problem?

Collapse -
Is samsung covering this
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 24, 2010 12:32 PM PDT

jimmazjr,

That would have to be determined by the Samsung customer service center. You can reach them at 800-SAMSUNG (U.S.).

Unfortunately, I can't confirm or suggest either way - they would be able to give a definitive answer.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I have the Green Checks/Sqaures as well ...
by Feilo66 / November 28, 2010 8:53 PM PST

This appears to the same problem as the one on this CNET thread "Samsung forum: digital board issues with hlr4667w hlr5067w hlr5667w hlr6167". I have exactly the same problem and I posted there to add to the stats in the hope that Samsung will pay attention .

Collapse -
Ever get this resolved?
by QualityEngineer / November 29, 2011 3:21 AM PST

I am having exactly the same problem - even the screens look the same. DVD playback works find except that it poweres down every few minutes and starts back up automatically. What did you do to resolve this issue or did you?

Any help appreciated...

Mike QE

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.