Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung HL61A750 DLP LED TV and 3D

Dear Samsung,

The HL61A750 TV was sold and advertised as being 3D ready. Is this TV compatible with the new 3D standard and if it is then where can one purchase the SSG1000X 3D Glasses that are needed to allow one to view an image in 3D? The 3D Thank you for your assistance regarding this inquiry. The 3D kit shows as longer being available on the Samsung website.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HL61A750 DLP LED TV and 3D
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HL61A750 DLP LED TV and 3D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HL67A750

In reply to: Samsung HL61A750 DLP LED TV and 3D

I OWN A HL67A750 SAMSUNG TV THAT IS 3D READY. DOES ANYONE HAVE UPDATES REGARDING USING THIS FEATURE WITH THE TECHNOLOGY TO BE MADE AVAILABLE VERY SOON. SAMSUNG DID ADVERTISE IT WOULD BE 3D READY AND IT WOULD PLAY 3D MOVIES.

I PRESUME THE UNIT WILL NEED A 3D IR EMITTER AS INDICATED IN THE SAMSUNG MANUAL.(GOING INTO THE EMITTER TO THE 3D OUT OF THE TV).THE MANUAL DOES SAY 3D IR EMITTER NOT PROVIDED.DOES SAMSUNG SELL THIS EMITTER? IN THE MANUAL THEY SHOW HOW TO HOOK UP 3D USING A COMPUTER.

WELL I HOPE SAMSUNG MAKES GOOD AS THEY DID ADVERTISE THIS TV TO WORK WITH FUTURE 3D TECHNOLOGY AND IT WOULD PLAY MOVIES. I WILL BE CALLING SAMSUNG SOON TO GET ANY UPDATES. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FURTHER INFO REGARDING THIS TV?

Collapse -
Does HL61A750 LED DPL TV work with Samsung Bluray 3d player

In reply to: Samsung HL61A750 DLP LED TV and 3D

I have researched 2-3 days on this topic and have yet to find an answer. Samsung Techs and Best-buy people are conflicted on the right answer. It's very simple question. Samsung HL61A750 3D TV uses HDMI#3 connected to a computer with 3rd party TriDef software at DDD.com with emitter connected to sync out on the TV using DDD.com 3D DPL30 glasses. The HDMI#3 plug is v1.3a technology. The new Samsung 3D TVs are using slightly different technology with HDMI 1.4 technology required for their BD-C6900 Bluray 3D player. My simple question is: doe the Bluray player work on the HL61A750? Additionally, would the Panasonic DMP BDT350 Bluray 3D player also work? The difference is that Panasonic provides 2 HDMI outputs. One for 1.4 output and one for 1.2a output for older AVR receivers. I'm slowly losing my mind to get this answered. Nobody seems to know. What say you.

Collapse -
HL61A705 3DTV UPDATE
Collapse -
Samsung 3D-Ready DLP TV

In reply to: HL61A705 3DTV UPDATE

Collapse -
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!! -PROBLEMS OF 3D READY SAMSUNG DLP

In reply to: HL61A705 3DTV UPDATE

Information about the Samsung HL67A750 or 61A.

The most important thing I feel that the people who bought this tv have been totaly mislead on the 3D ability of this TV.

Samsung #1 has stopped making the emitter and 3D glasses to do any type of 3D. (Samsung part #SSG1000X)

I have the original marketing ad the states the tv is"3D ready-Future-Proof your HD experience"

It also states in the ad 3D Ready . "Samsung DLP HDTVs are capable of displaying future 3D games,movies,and other programing via 3D compatible glasses and hardware"

We as consumers need to get legal representation regarding this issue because Samsung has not kept to it's advertising promise that the set we purchased was 3D ready-Future-Proof your HD experience......... I ask how is this set future proof?

I understand DirectTV is not lisitng our TV NOT to format a 3D picture is again where Samsung has mislead the public.

What is the other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware that the set can do? I ask what 3D compatible glasses and hardware are available?

I don't know if you know that Mitsubishi had an adaptor (3DC-1000) that was told that would work with Samsung DLP to hook up to our set but they reconsidered that and would make it work only with Mitsubishi sets. This move was Mitsubishi taking care of their consumers that purchased 3D read DLP TV's. Samsung has left DLP owners in the dust with nothing to offer.

This serious problem as consumers need to force Samsung to make good to the consumers who purchased this tv. Lets hope they make good if not lets ban togeter to get compensation.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!I DID CALL SAMSUNNG TODAY THE ADMIT THEY HAVE HAD CALLS ON THIS PROBLEM AND ASKED FOR ME TO WRITE TO THE PRESIDENTS OFFICE OF SAMSUNG. THE ADRESS IS

SAMSUNG CORPORATE OFFICE
400 VALLEY ROAD
SUITE 201 MT. ARLINGTON N.J.
07856 ATTENTION PRESIDENTS OFFICE

Ed Meyer

Collapse -
Samsung DLP 3D feature.

In reply to: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!! -PROBLEMS OF 3D READY SAMSUNG DLP

I'm in the same situation, I have a HL-T5076S and I just called Samsung and they said that they don't know anything.

I like the idea of write them or start a claim about that as Ed Mayer said.

my e-mail address is pablo_barrios@hotmail.com

let me know how you want to proceed.

Pablo.
1-604-838-7350

Collapse -
3D Adapter for Samsung 3D DLP HDTV sets.

In reply to: Samsung DLP 3D feature.

We have a Solution for you at TRU3D if you have a Samsung 3D DLP

A complete, fully programmed and working 3D Adapter Kit for the Samsung 3D DLP HDTV can be found here:

http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_product.php?id=31003

The above 3D Adapter KIT works best with these 3D Glasses:
http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_product.php?id=30389

The KIT comes with everything you need to enjoy 3D using your Playstation 3, 3D Blu-Ray Player or 3D cable TV (such as DirecTV, AT&T Uverse, Comcast) on your Samsung 3D DLP HDTV.

Collapse -
When?

In reply to: 3D Adapter for Samsung 3D DLP HDTV sets.

When will this converter be released? Why is it so much more expensive than the 100$ Mitshibisi one?

Collapse -
This adapter is only a partial solution

In reply to: When?

You still need to buy the Mitsubishi converter to use with this adapter. The creation of this adapter is to fool the Mitsubishi converter into thinking it is plugged into a Mitsubishi TV. If you look under the How It Works section you will see their reference to the Mitsubishi converter.

I am going with the simple solution of buying a new blueray that outputs in checkerboard format. I'm going with the Panasonic DMP-BDT350 (they have discontinued the DMP-BDT300).

Collapse -
Class Action-Samsung 3D Ready DLP TV's

I am definitely interested in a class action lawsuit against Samsung for their false advertisements. Where's a good place to look for a lawyer who'd even consider the case? I'm on the West Coast. I have the HL67A750 purchased from BestBuy and still have two years of remaining warranty. This 3D issue is a joke. I've been waiting for the PS3 to make 3D available, and now I can't do S*** with it because of Samsung's lies. I'm not just a ticked off customer, I am frustrated that big companies take advantage of their consumers sometimes. Everything was good when we handed over a few thousand dollars but now that they got our money they have no intentions of making this right by releasing an adapter to make our 3D t.v.s truly "3d ready" like they advertised when we purchased them. I bought this t.v. after much research because I saw that it would last me more than a couple years in our fast-moving technological economy and now I'm stuck only two years later behind the technology curve once again. If I would have known that this would happen then I obviously would have waited for the second generation release of 3D t.v.s. Why even put a 3D ready port or the option to upgrade our firmware via usb if we are never going to be able to use it? Absolutely ridiculous! O.K. I'm done venting. Sorry.

Collapse -
Same situation with my hl61a750

In reply to: Class Action-Samsung 3D Ready DLP TV's

I would really like any information on class action suit or other options. The 3D feature was my deciding factor on this set. This set was a major purchase and now it will not do what it was advertised to do. For that very same reason its value drops significantly so selling it to aid in the purchase of a set that actually does 3D is almost not worth the loss. If I do purchase a 3D set one thing is for sure, it will not be Samsung.

Collapse -
3D works for me!

Hmmm. I too would be pretty angry if I couldn't use my HL67A750 for 3D... but as of today, mine WORKS!

Here's my setup:
Samsung HL67A750, using HDMI3 input, set to 3D mode 2
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3D Blu-ray player, set to Checkerboard output
Xpand X102 glasses (using DLP-Link)

I've been watching the Panasonic 3D demo Blu-ray disc in glorious 3D for the past half hour. This setup WORKS. Should have a copy of Monsters vs. Aliens and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs this week.

The Samsung messaging around all this seems pretty clumsy. But as far as I can tell, there is no "fatal flaw" with these sets that's going to keep us from realizing 3D with them. Not as wonderful as they would be if 240Hz - but it works, and it's cool.

Collapse -
Samsung should provide support for DLP 3d ready T.V owners.

In reply to: 3D works for me!

Samsung sold Millions of 3D ready DLP sets to consumers,but have not provided any REASONABLE support or way to enable the sets to receive 3D content.SAMSUNG has made MILLIONS of dollars and give completly conflicting information when calling there tech support on how to accomplish this. As consumers we should not have to go through such technical nightmares when I'm sure there is an easy way to upgrade these sets ,if in fact they really are capable of doing what they were advertised to do. SAMSUNG ,you can still make MONEY from consumers,we will pay for the simplfied software if you provide it ,not all of us work for N.A.S.A. ! As it stands right now a "class action" suit sounds like the right action for consumers to pursue. Samsung has duped the consumer ,which is shamefull.

Collapse -
Consider the timeline

In reply to: Samsung should provide support for DLP 3d ready T.V owners.

I'm certainly not happy with the whole Samsung handling of this... but consider the timing. At the time Samsung delivered these sets, 120Hz was leading edge stuff. 120hz plus checkerboard format was the first practical way to do decent (not perfect, but decent) 3D with DLP. This was in the 2007-2008 timeframe.

How much control did Samsung have over the industry consortium that eventually decided on the final 3D Blu-ray format? Probably not much - with Sony, LG, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, etc all in the fray. How would Samsung know in 2007-2008 that the final 3D Blu-ray spec would be based on 240Hz and HDMI 1.4 (neither of which existed in 2007-2008)? They couldn't.

I'm personally DELIGHTED that I've found a solution that works on my set, without having to invest in an upgrade to a 240hz set. Should Samsung have a FAQ on their site, and docs for their support people, with details on configurations that DO WORK? Absolutely they should. But anyone who bought an HDTV in the past three years with the expectation that they were going to do 3D should understand that they're in the early adopter category - like I was when I had HDTV in 2000. And not many things are easy plug-and-play when you're an early adopter.

Collapse -
SAMSUNG "3D READY -FUTURE PROOF YOUR HD EXPERIENCE"

In reply to: Consider the timeline

I appreciate you found a way to work this TV in 3D using a panasonic DVD 3D player and other support. But understand this is a Samsung product that was advertised as "FUTURE PROOF" THEY SHOULD HAVE THEIR 3D PLAYER ALSO WORK WITH THIS.

TODAY I SENT A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF CONSUMER ELECTRONICS LETS HOPE THEY MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR ALL!!!!!

Edmund Meyer
2993 Pinnacle Ct.
Clermont Fl. 34711

Samsung Corporate Office
Attention President Mr. Tim Baxter
400 Valley Road
Suite 201 Mt. Arlington
New Jersey 07856

RE: SAMSUNG HL67A750/ DISCONTINUE EMITTER AVAILABLE TO OPERATE TV FOR 3D FUNCTION.

Dear Mr. Baxter:

I am contacting you as a very dissatisfied consumer finding Samsung Electronics has sold a product that will not perform as represented in the promotional materials that made me purchase my Samsung Hl 67A750.

I have enclosed a copy of your promotional materials that made me purchase this HD television from Samsung. Notice on the product features you list this set as 3D Ready-Future Proof your HD experience. Notice on the other page you list the product 3D HD Ready-Samsung DLP HDTV?S are capable of displaying future 3D Games, Movies and other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware.

Now I ask you what happened to what you have promised for this TV to do. You discontinued the emitter and 3D Glasses for this set. WHY!

Many consumers like me are very upset with Samsung for leaving us in the cold on this problem. You left them with a NO FUTURE PROOF 3D TV !.

One of your competitors of DLP did not leave their consumers in the cold and that is Mitsubishi. They made an adapter #DC-1000 to work with their 3D ready DLP sets. This adapter was to work with Samsung DLP but they decided not to support your product and rightfully so. What is Samsung going to do for us?

I ask you Mr. Baxter what do you intend to do for me and the many people who support buying your products.

If it was me to avoid any possible legal action is to get into production your own adapter box to work with your 3D players to play 3D movies and have this TV capable of receiving 3D broadcast programming. After all you advertised this TV as 3D READY-FUTURE PROOF YOUR HD EXPERIENCE. THIS WHY I BOUGHT THIS TV!!!!

Enclosed are some consumer comments including me who am most dissatisfied with how we were left in the cold.

I hope to hear some good news from you that you will get this problem corrected.
I wait for your reply Mr. Baxter and hope you can restore my confidence in your company.

Sincerely,

Edmund Meyer

Collapse -
sales materials

In reply to: SAMSUNG "3D READY -FUTURE PROOF YOUR HD EXPERIENCE"

Hi Edmund,

Would you be able to scan some of the sales materials and email it to me?

I too am going to take this up with Samsung!

Thanks for your efforts.

Kirkinner

Collapse -
"AMAZING 3D CAPABILITIES SAMSUNG AD BOASTED"

In reply to: sales materials

ANYONE WISHING TO HAVE A COPY OF THE TWO PAGE SAMSUNG AD THAT INCLUDES THE PUBLICITY OF 3D I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU A COPY.

PLEASE SEND ME YOU E MAIL ADDRESS.

SEND IT TO edmundmeyer@hotmail.com

PS: I ALSO FOUND IN THE AD SAYING THE FOLLOWING IN BLUE PRINT.

"AMAZING 3D CAPABILITIES LET YOU ENJOY 3D MOVIES AND GAMES TO THE FULLIST"

WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
ad

In reply to: "AMAZING 3D CAPABILITIES SAMSUNG AD BOASTED"

if you can send ad to fonnzi@bellsouth.net . i would like to join fight . thanks . i also have hlt 5076s

Collapse -
Samsung 3D ready DLP TV ad

In reply to: "AMAZING 3D CAPABILITIES SAMSUNG AD BOASTED"

Hello, I'd appreciate getting a copy of this ad.I purchased this off a online shopping network and perhaps they will get on Samsung for false advertising.
Thanks

Collapse -
multiple letters

One person should accumulate all the letters and send them off on a preset date. There are other forums similar to this that we should provide as references. Maybe if enough of us band together we can get the issue resolved. Thank you everyone for being proactive & making a statement for all consumers & not just yourselves.

Jason

Collapse -
Canada

In reply to: multiple letters

I am in Canada, so it may be better for me to approach Samsung Canada to get better results.

Collapse -
Another upset customer

I would like info on this as well. I purchased the "Future Proof" 61" LED DLP it was top of the line at the time. Now I am stuck as well.

Collapse -
''NO REPLY FROM PRESIDENTS OFFICE OF SAMSUNG"

MY LETTER REGARDING THE "FUTURE PROOF" OF SAMSUNG 3D DLP TV'S WAS SENT TO THE PRESIDENTS OFFICE ON JUNE 20TH.

TO DATE I HAVE NO REPLY.

HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY REPLY FROM CORPORATE ON OUR ISSUE AND HOW THEY INTEND TO RESOLVE IT?

EVERYONE THAT HAS CONCERN PLEASE SEND LETTERS TO CORPORATE.

Samsung Corporate Office
Attention President Mr. Tim Baxter
400 Valley Road
Suite 201 Mt. Arlington
New Jersey 07856

Collapse -
No Reply

In reply to: ''NO REPLY FROM PRESIDENTS OFFICE OF SAMSUNG"

Sent my letter in about a month ago still no reply. Must be to busy watching 3D movies on his new samsung 3DTV that supports todays 3D technology.

Collapse -
Did they respond?

Just wanted to know if Samsung responded to your letter? Let us all know, thanks.

Collapse -
NO THEY DID NOT RESPOND / CLASS ACTION??????

In reply to: Did they respond?

WE NEED TO FIND THE RIGHT ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT THIS TYPE OF CASE. IT IS THE ONLY THING WE ALL CAN DO WHEN A COMPANY WILL NOT ADDRESS OR CONCERNS.

Collapse -
Uncle Doodle

In reply to: Consider the timeline

Thank you for the very logical approach to the 3D ready problem that exists on Samsung TV's. It makes sense that technology has changed but I read somewhere
that Samsung is now making an effort to provide the adapter, emitter and glasses once again to remedy the 3D problem. I was very disappointed with Samsung for
10 months as my HLT5076 TV started developing "white spots". They actually fixed my 3 year old TV which was out of warranty at NO CHARGE. The TV works perfectly. I would appreciate you or anyone reading this blog that has information regarding 3D for Samsung 3D "ready" TV's give me a short note.
Great forum and we just have to keep trying and learning.
WSM

Collapse -
Clarifing UncleDoodle's Solution

In reply to: 3D works for me!

Just to be clear:

No computer hookup or extra software needed.
Does it matter which ones of the x102 series glasses you use? (Educational, Pro, etc)
Glasses hook directly into the Samsung TV?
Can you get Broadcast 3D too? (Direct TV?)

Congratulations and thanks for your answers!

Collapse -
Clarifying UncleDoodle's Solution

In reply to: Clarifing UncleDoodle's Solution

No computer hookup or extra software needed - correct. Just the Panasonic DMP-BDT350 with latest firmware and HDMI cable.

X102 glasses - AFAIK, all X102 glasses are functionally the same. Ones they're shipping now have a longer effective range than earlier ones - but this really shouldn't matter for most home viewing setups.

Glasses "hook directly" into the Samsung TV? - The glasses "see" the DLP and sync with it automatically using DLP-Link. No physical connection or emitter is required. One of those rare things in life that "just works".

Broadcast too (DirecTV?) unfortunately not yet with my setup. I don't have DirecTV so I'm not working on that problem yet. My setup is only viable for 3D Blu-ray. There are mixed messages out there regarding whether a RealD checkerboard converter ($500) can be used to accomplish this with DirecTV. Latest thing I read was that the RealD converter plus a Gefen HDMI Detective ($130) can be used to make this work - but I haven't tried it.

Collapse -
3D Adapter for Samsung 3D DLP HDTV sets

In reply to: Clarifying UncleDoodle's Solution

We have a Solution for you at TRU3D if you have a Samsung 3D DLP HDTV Set.

A complete, fully programmed and working 3D Adapter Kit for the Samsung 3D DLP HDTV can be found here:

http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_product.php?id=31003

The above 3D Adapter KIT works best with these 3D Glasses:
http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_product.php?id=30389

The KIT comes with everything you need to enjoy 3D using your Playstation 3, 3D Blu-Ray Player or 3D cable TV (such as DirecTV, AT&T Uverse, Comcast) on your Samsung 3D DLP HDTV.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.