General discussion

Samsung HL-T5076S - Several issues

Hello,

The lamp went out on my Samsung HL-T5076S DLP t.v. two days ago. I replaced the lamp. However, after replacing the lamp, white splotches (not dots, per say) began showing up. I believe they were caused by dust. I cleaned out the t.v. After doing so, there are now several little white spots scattered across the t.v., the image is fuzzy/blurry (as if you were looking through someone elses' prescription glasses), and the overall image has moved down to the bottom (as if I changed screen position to move the image as far down as it would go).

Is there anything Samsung knows about these problems? The t.v. is about 3 years old, and i observed burn marks on the color wheel connector and on top of the light tunnel. None of these issues were present prior to the bulb going out.

If you have any insight or know a fix for this, please let me know. Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung HL-T5076S - Several issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung HL-T5076S - Several issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung HL-T5076S - Several issues -

nosferatu1022,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your TV.

What kind of lamp did you replace it with?

I can't determine if people are covered under warranty, but you might call 800-SAMSUNG and explain the situation to see if they can assist further. They may also be able to assist with sending a technician to inspect your unit, if you'd like to go that route.

--HDTech

- Collapse -

I replaced it with a Samsung lamp. Do you know what the costs associated with an inspection are? I was laid off this year and can't afford hundreds in repairs.

- Collapse -

nosferatu1022,

I don't have quotes for prices on parts or labor. Unfortunately, I can't even offer a ballpark.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
OK

Thanks, anyway. Guess I'll try and figure it out and replace the burned out parts.

CNET Forums

Forum Info