Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Samsung HL-R4266W

by legend / January 25, 2006 12:05 PM PST

I know there are threads comparing this to other TVs but I am wanting to hear from some people who own this particular model.

Needless to say I am thinking about buying an HDTV and so far this is the on that has caught my eye the most. I am kind of behind on a lot of the tech specs since my current TV is at least 13 years old. I have a general knowledge thanks to sites like this.

Basically I am looking to spend around $2000 total on a new TV w/accessories and this one falls in that price range...I was just hoping to get some suggestions advice and other general reviews for people who have this model.

Chances are I will have more questions as time goes on.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HL-R4266W
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HL-R4266W
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well, I don't own this model, check out the most ......
by Riverledge / January 25, 2006 1:25 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung HL-R4266W

Obvious site; C-NET. There are at least a dozen owner reviews of this particular model on C-NET alone; additional owner reviews can be found at sites like BBY, CC,and E-PINIONS. Just enter ''samsung hl-r4266w'' in any search window. Hope this helps. Good shopping. C-net owners ranked this set quite positively. The price is dropping, I've seen $1300.

river.

Collapse -
Others
by legend / January 26, 2006 8:37 PM PST

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else have any other experience with this model?

Collapse -
Samsung
by techgal21 / January 29, 2006 7:00 AM PST
In reply to: Others

The Samsung 4266 is a good TV as far as DLP goes, and it is their entry level set. You must have an extended warranty that covers the bulb.

I am still in the process of deciding myself. I have narrowed it down to the Samsung or the Panasonic 42PD50U Plasma EDTV. I am mostly concerned with DVD playback, and this Panny is amazing for that application, and priced just a little more than the Samsung. I like plasma better for movies, and don't intend to use it for games or other things where burn-in might be a consideration. Definitely, I think you need to spell out your application for yourself - games? DVD? sports? What is your highest priority?
I have two suggestions.
1. Go to www.isftv.com and contact Kevin Miller with your questions. He knows these Samsung DLP's well.
2. Buy the Samsung from a dealer where it can be returned. If you don't like it, take it back!

You know, if you are paying $1,500 for a TV, by the time you add on taxes, delivery, warranty, and calibration, why take home something you don't love.

Collapse -
Samsung
by legend / January 30, 2006 8:23 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung

Well I will mainly be using the TV for watching TV and DVD's. Most of the TV shows I watch are broadcast in HD (lost, 24, Sports) which will be nice because I do worry about how digital cable is going to look on this screen.

As far as videogames go if I decide to get a PS3 then I will prb hook it up to the TV if I have it, but that is not my main focus.

I will check that site and see what I can find.

Thanks

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!