General discussion

Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem

My Samsung HL-P4663W appears to lose sync when watching normal TV. It does not happen when we use the PS3 (whether watching a disc or playing games.) It seems to happen when switching scenes on live TV, such as news shows or the Olympics, or during commercial breaks. It happens on HD channels as well as regular channels. It appears to drop signal because it loses sync - almost like it gets a weak signal. Sometimes the color goes wrong, sometimes the picture breaks up, sometimes it disappears completely. If you wait long enough it will usually correct itself. It can happen when the TV is just turned on, so it's not a heat issue. There are no error messages showing on the power button.
I just switched from cable to DirecTV and the problem still persists. I am running a component cable (Y,Pb,Pr) from the DirecTV HD DVR to component 2. I have changed the cable and tried both component 1 and 2 inputs with no improvement.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem

pajtaj,

Try calling your cable/sat provider to see if there is an update, firmware or patch that they can help you with. Often times, they can diagnose problems over the phone, as well as update, add firmware, or reset your DVR box. It could also be satellite interference, which they could also address.

If these problems started with the DirecTV service, you might note that so they can troubleshoot the issue on their end. It does appear by your post to be a signal issue.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Samsung Problem on Both Cable and DirecTV

The problem began when I was with Knology Cable after 2 years. I had them reset their box several times with no improvement. It did not improve when I switched to DirecTV last month. I am still having the problem.

- Collapse -
Samsung Problem on Both Cable and DirecTV

pajtaj,

If it's not happening with the other game console (assuming it's hooked up with component as well?) but with the service providers' box, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I would still consider seeing if there's an update or a technician that could come out and inspect the hardware. If other devices work, it may be a bad device. I just don't have any further troubleshooting.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Thanks

I will have them reset the box and see if it helps, although I do not believe it will. The PS3 is hooked up through HDMI. I will try to hook the DirecTV box through HDMI, but there is only one HDMI port so that is not really a fix because I need the PS3 as the blue-ray player. Will probably have to call some one...

- Collapse -
Samsung HL-p4663w

I had a similar problem with cable & dish, picture would roll etc. it progresivly got worse. When I got dish they hooked up with HDMI cable, works fine.

CNET Forums

Forum Info