Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Hl-P4663W

by absdietz / August 20, 2010 7:11 AM PDT

I have a HL-P4663w DLP set , its about 5 years old , a couple weeks ago it lost video for no reason... I had audio but no video--So I changed the lamp--no luck still does it -I replaced the color wheel 2 years ago& I can hear it start spinning when I turn the set on
If I shut it off when this happens & turn it back on ,it'll work for about 20 minutes then go out again
I don't get any codes on the power button when this happens & when I lose picture the lamp stays on(I can see it burning from the back) so I don't think its the ballast---Its not the switch on the door to the lamp because that switch shuts the whole thing down

I don't want to change alot of things on this thing & have them not fix the problem--So I'm wondering if anybody has seen this problem & what can I do to fix it

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Hl-P4663W
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Hl-P4663W
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Hl-P4663W
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 20, 2010 7:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Hl-P4663W

absdietz,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

I'd recommend having a technician take a look at the unit. This might help eliminate un-necessary parts/labor charges, and they'd likely be able to give a better diagnosis after looking at it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung HL-P 4663w
by absdietz / August 21, 2010 4:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Hl-P4663W

Thats what I'm trying to avoid--I live about 1.5 hours away from the nearest Samsung Tech--So they said their charge is $200 just to show up at my house plus whatever they find wrong with it ,they'll have to order it & come back & charge me another $200 show-up fee & charge me for the part & labor to install it
Thats why I'm here looking for advice.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?