Samsung forum

Question

Samsung HDMI

by vegapunk88 / February 5, 2015 9:29 PM PST

Hi,

I got some problems with my Samsung plasma tv. It's approx 4.5 years old and have worked fine until 1 month ago.
I have three devices connected, DVD-player (LG), Digital box (for cable) and media player (Western Digital). The only device that work is the Media player, it works in all HDMI-ports and with different cables. But the other devices wont work, have tried several things. I tried a reset on the tv, i tried to have it unplugged for some hours, I updated the firmwire, different ports and cables.
When I got the DVD and the Box connected and try to use them through the HDMI the picture becomes pink/corny and blue/grey at the top, so the ports "feels" there is something connected.

I contacted the Samsung support and they told be about the steps above and said that they could do no more without sending a support worker over and that would cost as much as buying a new TV.

I got no clue what to do next, please help! Happy Sorry for bad english, it's not my first language.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HDMI
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HDMI
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like a failed board.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 5, 2015 10:46 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung HDMI

Since that's non user serviceable, get estimates.
Bob

Collapse -
Theres more to it...
by vegapunk88 / February 6, 2015 6:42 AM PST

The strange thing about it is that the Media Player works for all HDMI ports. I got three laptops and one works fine and two dont, same problem as with the DVD and Digital Box (pink/corny screen). The cmps have the same settings and resolutions/Hz.

Collapse -
HDMI can be that corny.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 6, 2015 6:45 AM PST
In reply to: Theres more to it...

Try the old tech reset. Cables out, power removed, wait for 10 minutes. If not, still sounds like a board failure.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Progress...
by vegapunk88 / February 10, 2015 2:56 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung HDMI

I made some progress today. I connected to cmp that didnt work and changed the setting (I dont know what it says in the english version of windows) "mirror screens" to "extend screen" and then the picture on the computer showed perfect on the TV! I noticed that by doing this the output resolution automaticlly changed to 1900x1080 instead of the x900 that I was running on the cmp. I tried changing the resolution on the cmp and some of the resolutions works, other dont, this pretty much solved the cmp problem for me.

But now my question is how do I change the outcoming resolution on the DVD-player?

Collapse -
Which DVD player?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2015 3:08 AM PST
In reply to: Progress...

Old ones were only 480i, 480p at best. Be specific.

Collapse -
Old LG
by vegapunk88 / February 10, 2015 5:07 AM PST
In reply to: Which DVD player?

Its an old LG. Probably only 480p, but au dont know how to change the resolution on it, have checked the menues. Thanks for the help!

Collapse -
RCA jacks mean it's the old fixed 480 signals.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2015 5:45 AM PST
In reply to: Old LG

It's been a few years but I picked up a new under 50 buck DVD player with upscaling for dad at walmart 5 or so years ago. I think the price has gone down on these.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?