General discussion

Samsung HD-1250 and Sharp Aquos E67U

Hello I have had this setup for about a year and I never have been able to use the Digital audio output on the Television directly to the receiver.

I Have a DirecTV receiver and the only way I can get audio through the surround system was to hook the Digital cable from the DireTV box to the D-1 input on the receiver.

I have an older system upstairs and all I so is plug the digital output from the TV to my surround sound and it controls an XBOX Wii DirecTV and the dvd player all with one cable and no setup, I just clicked Bitstream and boom it works.

Back to my problem, Everything was fine but we purchased a 2nd XBOX 360 for media and it had an HDMI port so I bought a cable and hooked it up to my system. NO SOUND. of course this was because the digital cable was only hooked from the DirecTV receiver to the Samsung Unit.

Using HDMI on the XBOX there is no digital audio output plug to use the D-2 connector on the receiver. So I have been trying every setting on this Television using the Digital audio output on the back directly into the Samsung to get sound from my XBOX and my DirecTV and I am having 0 luck.

The instructions just basically say it should work but I get nothing. I tried the D2 input on the Samsung but nothing there either.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it, I am going crazy because I would like to put the newer xbox downstairs but I am using my older one with component cables until i can figure this mess out

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung HD-1250 and Sharp Aquos E67U
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung HD-1250 and Sharp Aquos E67U
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums