Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung have lost my Galaxy Tab3 for over 6 months

by mqireland / August 18, 2014 2:43 AM PDT

Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Purchase Date:06/11/2013

Problem: Unable to charge / power up my tablet . I tried using another Tab 3 power cable, to no avail. The problem is with the machine not the power cable.

Samsung Ref: 2116756872

In brief, I purchased two Galaxy Tab3 machines on 06 November 2013. In January I was unable to power up one of the machines, hence being unable to use the machine. I phoned Samsung customer service who sent a courier to my house to collect the faulty machine the following day on 04 February 2014. Having contacted Samsung serveral times I have not received my Tab 3 back. It seems that Samsung has mislaid / lost my machine and are unwilling to offer me a replacement until they find out where my machine has gone. I have now been without my machine for over 6 months. The same fault has happened to the 2nd machine I purchased on the same date, ie it will not power up, but I am afraid to send it to Samsung after the treatment I have received. It remains with me, broken.

I am exhausted phoning Samsung customer service, and would appreciate some advice as to what to do next. I am at my wits end along with Euro1200 out of pocket as I have no working tablet! As this site has requested as much information as possible I am sending you my phone log/ minutes of conversation. Apologies for the length of this. Thank you also in advance of your help.

03/02/2014 I phoned Samsung and reported my problem. I was told that I would receive
packaging in the post to send my tablet back to Samsung via An Post.

04/02/2014 A courier arrived at my housel to collect my tablet. I signed the courier's paperwork but received no documentation from the courier. The machine was in perfect condition, undamaged and in its original packaging when I handed it over to the courier.

24/02/2014 I phoned Samsung who said that my ticket had been cancelled. I was given a note "product not faulty" on my account. The girl said she would look into it and phoned me back. She said that Samsung had changed the company who repaired their tablets and that my tablet was sent to the old company who held the contract previously. I was told that they could not send it from this company to the new service company and that she would arrange to have it sent back to me by courier and that I would need to phone in and register my complaint again to get a new ticket number.

18/03/2014 I phoned Samsung to update me on progress. I spoke with Sean who transferred me to Frazer, who said he would send the information again to a higher department and escalate it. They would contact the service centre to get my tablet back. It would take 24 - 48 hours to do this and that I would receive a phone call from Samsung.
At 5.25 Gina phoned me asking for a tracking number from the courier. I informed her that I did not receive any documentation from the courier company. She gave me a conversation reference no. 1116901373

24/03/2014 I spoke with Brendan who then transferred me to Ian. Ian said that without the tracking number there wasn't anything he could really do. If he was to ask for a new one to be sent to me that he would need a tracking number for the old tablet. I asked him who the courier company was that collected the tablet and he could not tell me. He said it was not Samsungs fault that it was the courier and service centres fault. I said no, that Samsung arranged for my tablet to be collected and instructed the courier to deliver it to the wrong company, that they were at fault. Ian then phoned the service centre to find out where the tablet was while I was put on hold and he said that he didn't get much help there. He was given a name of a person to email at the company (service una?) He said that he used his own email address so that the response would come directly to him and he would in turn contact me or have someone else contact me. I was given a conversation reference number 1116997614.

14/04/2014
I spoke with a girl with an English accent who said that she would escalate the ticket and someone would contact me in 48 hours. I said no that I needed to speak with someone as I was constantly being told that it was escalated and I would receive a response in 48hrs which I never did. after 20 mins of being put on hold she gave me phone fix's number.
I asked to speak with a Manager or else I would have no option but to take the legal route and was put through to Daed Khalil. (manager) He said that he would contact phonefix and then phone me back.
He phoned me back and said that the no. he had given me was a uk no. He then left a message to say that he would escalate this to the Dublin office and for them to follow it up.

30/04/14
Spoke with Leanne Judge in Leeds who said that x Kelly had signed for this machine in march? She said it stated that the machine was physically damaged. She said that her system was showing conflicting information. On one side it was showing that the repair was never finalised and another side showed it was and had been returned to me. She said that the first thing she had to do was to locate the device and that the signed for machine could have been entered onto my account in error. She said we would deal with the issue of the machine been damaged once she had found the devise. She assured me that because this was going on so long, that she would put this complaint in her personal folder and follow it through. She said she would give me a call back tomorrow between 10am and 2pm to give me an update.

11/06/14
Customer service read a note stating that Leanne had tried to phone me using the Irish code but was unable to get through to me, that the numbers on file were incorrect. I went through the numbers again with the international code and said that I have received a previous phone call from Samsung, so the numbers on file were correct. Also to speak with someone you have to give one of my two phone numbers as security, if they were incorrect on the system then I would not be able to pass the security test!. He said that because I haven't phoned since april that the problem was probably wiped from the system and it would have to be re-esclated within 24 -48 hours.

Leanne phoned me back to update me on what they were doing. I just missed her call on my mobile and phoned her back on the number she phoned me from at I went to voice mail so left a message for her to phone me when she got in at 10am, that I was leaving the house and would be back at 2pm, the time she finishes.

18/08/2014
I have received no contact or response from Samsung.

mqireland has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung have lost my Galaxy Tab3 for over 6 months
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung have lost my Galaxy Tab3 for over 6 months
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: Samsung have lost my Galaxy Tab3 for over 6 months
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 18, 2014 6:25 AM PDT

Hi mqireland,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately I only have support for US customers. Please continue to reach out to Samsung support in your country regarding this issue.

Regards,
HD Tech

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by mqireland

Collapse -
Nod to Ambassador but my thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2014 6:33 AM PDT

Any detail about the shipper should be added to your information pile. Then call that carrier to get tracking numbers.

I don't understand the long gaps in time in your story. On 11/6/14 that should have been followed up daily with your contact till you connect, not what looks like months later.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank You
by mqireland / August 18, 2014 11:17 PM PDT

Thank you for your response.
I have telephoned Samsung a couple more times since my last noted one. I need to look up my telephone bill and enter it on my document.

The first long gap was when I was put directly in contact with a lady who assured me she would put my complaint in her personal folder and follow it up. I foolishly thought the lady would stay true to her word and gave her time to sort the problem out. I have since phoned her several times and was passed around the customer service network, often being left holding for 20 to 30 minutes. I will point out that the customer service centre for Ireland is in England and to contact this lady I had to by pass the Irish telephone number and dial a UK number . To me this was an international phone call and quite an expensive one when you are connected at least 20 minutes at a time! This lady also only works mornings, so to clear a 30 minute slot every time I want to phone her is a constraint during working hours.

I received a response to an email I sent yesterday........

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is 2116756872.

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with Samsung. Your query has been forwarded to our escalations department who will be in contact with you within 3 working days.

If you have any more queries, please get in touch either by phone or email and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

########

Customer Service Representative

Samsung Electronics UK

Collapse -
I'd be frustrated too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 19, 2014 12:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank You

HP lost me recently over a failed laptop repair. Fobbed off as "we've done all we could" and other nonsense. So my last HP was my last HP. This one sounds like the old fell between the crack issue. Lost in a maze of support systems. Bob

Collapse -
Great News
by mqireland / August 19, 2014 3:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I'd be frustrated too.

Thanks for your vote of sympathy Bob. Samsung Dublin contacted me today and offered me two new galaxy tablets as an apology. They said they had tracked down my device and they had wrongly input wrong number onto their system and had sent my tablet to someone else!!!! Samsung customer service based in uk phoned approx 30 minutes later and the gentleman I was speaking to said that my case was a difficult one and he would escalate it further. I in turn told him about my previous conversation at which he was greatly relieved!
So all and all fingers crossed pending delivery of my new machines.
Thank you so much for your support:-)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?