Alert

Samsung Galaxy SIII Phone Dead in less than 3 months

Hi,

I have been a great fan of Samsung Mobiles since beginning. I have always purchased the latest flagship devices that Samsung has released. I have got Galaxy S, Galaxy SII and recently when samsung released Galaxy SIII I purchased it within a week of the launch. I purchased Galaxy SIII on 18th of June 2012. Everything was running smooth untill 4th of Spetember. The phone started rebooting from the welcome screen itself. Upon contacting the service center I was informed that it is a software issue and they reinstalled the software. Still the problem persisted. Next day when I contacted Service center they opened up my phone and checked and informed me that the mother board and needs to be replaced with some IC's and other stuff. This genuinely is a shock to me. Having purchased a phone of 40000 Rs. and in less than 3 months it needs replacement of the very core components of the device ...!!!!
THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE FOR ME...
I NEED A REPLACEMENT OF THE DEVICE ASAP...
I CANNOT STAND THE FACT THAT MY PHONE WHICH IS LESS THAN 3 MONTHS OLD HAS TO GET A MOTHER BOARD AND OTHER CORE COMPONENTS REPLACED...

There is no satisfactory response from samsung delhi center as well. I have seen a hunderd forums where samsung has replaced the device in ncase if faulty appliance. Why does Samsung India have a different policy than the rest of the world.

I would request you to kindly replace the device ASAP as this has been a completely surprising and frustrating experience.

I am loosing my trust in Samsung which has been my favorite for years.

Expecting a very prompt and positive response or I will have to resort to the consumer forums for the help.

Regards,

Dhrupad Shah
dhrupad.shah@gmail.com
+91-9974366962
Model: Samsung Galaxy SIII - GT-I9300
S/N : RF1C56QZYHL
IMI: 353163052524690

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Galaxy SIII Phone Dead in less than 3 months
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Galaxy SIII Phone Dead in less than 3 months
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: dead

What does your warranty certificate say about what Samsung should do with errors during the warranty period?
Does is only mention "replace" or does it say "repair or replace"?

Anyway, you're warned now. When buying anything check the warranty and if you don't like that, see if other makers have conditions you like better.

Say you bought a car. That's more than 40000 Rs. Say something breaks during the 2 years of warranty. Do you expect them to give you a new car or would you be content with a repair? If the last, why are your expectations for a phone other than for a car?

Kees

- Collapse -
RE:dead

Hi Kees,

Thank you for for the reply and the warning, I will definitely keep this in mind, But as I see and refer to the other forums world wide there are reports that Samsung has replaced the device in case of the major fault.

About your example of a car, would it be acceptable to you if within 3 months of you purchasing the car, the car company says that the whole engine, and other key parts of the car are to be replaced...!!!

- Collapse -
Re: dead

In the example of the car I would accept the offer. So, by definition, it's acceptable. Would you refuse it?

In the phone, it's an key part, indeed. But it's no more that just some electronics on a board. There are many of those in a car, and some can go south. That's why have warranty.
Something like the airco-control would be a better comparison than the whole engine.

Kees

- Collapse -
I'd check the warranty

But given how much use and more phone get subjected to, they are currently lasting a paltry 2 years on average in the USA (source? CTIA)

With that out of the way your phone already has a lot of miles on it so repair or swap for a refurb is most likely. Let them do their thing and get your phone back up and working.
Bob

CNET Forums