Samsung forum

Rant

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Maybe I should've gone with the iPhone

by mnitao / October 31, 2012 4:55 AM PDT

I've had the Samsung Galaxy S III for less than 2 months now. Up until this morning, I would say I was satisfied with the phone.

But last night, I noticed the Power button was missing. I don't use it very often so wasn't sure how or when it fell/broke off. I called Samsung thinking they would stand by their product and repair it or send over a replacement button. Instead, they tell me it's a Physical Damage and will not cover it. But what I can do is provide my credit card info, mail it in to have it repaired, and wait 2 weeks to get it back. So now, I've spent close to $300 on this phone, had it less than 2 months, and the phone falls apart? I'm upset and frustrated they just can't send me a button. Maybe I should've gone with the iPhone instead.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy SIII - Maybe I should've gone with the iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy SIII - Maybe I should've gone with the iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
At 2 months.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 5:01 AM PDT

Seems a fast failure but did you buy the optional insurance? I find it pays off for those that don't want to pay later for repairs.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Maybe I should've gone with the iPhone
by mnitao / October 31, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
In reply to: At 2 months.

I did buy the optional insurance. But I don't want to have to pay $50 for a whole new phone when all I need is a button that should not have fallen off in the first place.

Collapse -
My plan covers that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 5:49 AM PDT

50 bucks seems odd. Of course I can't read what plan you have.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.