Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Galaxy s4 LCD broke - horrible customer service.

by cool_freak5 / May 29, 2013 12:15 PM PDT

I brought Samsung Galaxy s4 and within 3 days, the display stopped working and I found that there was a crack in the LCD. I inspected for any physical damage on the phone but the phone was just as new with not a single scratch on it.
I called the customer service and asked them about the LCD issue and they told me to ship the product for inspection/repair. It was with DQM ever since the item was shipped and when I called them last week I was told that I will be notified whenever there is an update.

I happened to call the customer service today, since I never received any update, to know the status and they mentioned that the repair is pending to collect LCD and standard charge. When asked about the reason that could have caused the LCD to crack when there was no physical damage, the customer rep never had a proper answer and the call was patched to Supervisor. After talking to him, I was told that the notes does not have proper details, and that advanced tech support should be able to provide the complete details. I was made to wait for more than 20 mins and I decided to hang up and call them back to talk to the supervisor. The supervisor then told me that I had to call tomorrow morning since it was past 7 PM and the advanced tech support will be closed by 7PM. I was surprised that the supervisor made me wait for nothing and he went on to argue that they are Tech Support when mentioned the kind of customer service I received.

Not sure what should I do next and to me it looks like their only goal is to charge me without giving a proper explanation of what could have caused the LCD to crack. I don't mind paying for the LCD which I could have done in the beginning if needed, but main concern was the quality of the product I received. After waiting patiently, I'm not at all happy with the service that I received from them now. Totally bad experience. I own Samsung TV and owned Samsung phone previously with no complaints about the product but this whole incident just made me to reconsider buying Samsung products in the future.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy s4 LCD broke - horrible customer service.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy s4 LCD broke - horrible customer service.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.