General discussion

Samsung Galaxy S3 battery life

Hi everybody. I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 about a week ago and I've found that the battery life was pretty lame, it's so much lower than what Samsung claims in their commercials. For exemple when I pull it from the charger with 100 of battery percentage, I'm able to get 4 to 5 hours of screen time (screen at max brightness connected to wifi). I use it for browsing the web, watching videos and playing games. Is it normal or do I have a problem with my device and/or battery? I would really apreciate your help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Galaxy S3 battery life
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Galaxy S3 battery life
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Battery life....

A wifi connection will eat your battery very fast. Turn off wifi, bluetooth, GPS whenever not in use to help conserve power. Turning down display brightness will help as you already mentioned that you did already. Also keep in mind that if the phone is constantly switching from 4G to 3G (and vice versa) or constantly for the network, it also drains faster. Too many possible factors to nail down just one cause.

- Collapse -
Battery life

Well I'm not using 3g nor 4g and I have bluetooth turned off all the time as well as GPS. I just want to know if 4 hours of screen time with my usage is normal or not. And thank you fir the prompt reply.

- Collapse -
I'm going with yes.

Almost every phone I've used will get about half a day of "use." The reason is pretty simple. When the phone comes out, it is designed for occasional use through a day. If someone actually tried to use it for hours, it never makes it through the day.

My HTC can go a few days but I added a big battery. If I just turn it all off except the phone, it goes for over a week.
Bob

- Collapse -
Not bad, for you useage

If you are not using 3G, 4G, nor bluetooth but are searching the net, watching movies, & playing games for hours on end, all at max screen brightness, over WiFi, I'd say you're getting as long a life between charges as you can expect. That's a lot of data and screen light energy your burning.

- Collapse -
Samsung Galaxy S3 battery life

It also depends on if you are connected to a WiFi or 3G, you have to open other programsMy batteries often power consumption in <span id="INSERTION_MARKER">buy mobile phone accessories online store, I search to buy Extended Emergency Battery capacity, and not expensive, easy to carry, and I especially like the convenient <span>

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span>

<span>

CNET Forums