Rant

Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain (sudden drop)

The battery on my phone drains so fast that it reaches 50% within four hours. (connected to WIFI not 4G)
I'm using it only to make phone calls as of right now. When I use it to watch video or access 4G it will give even lower rate. I've had the phone from AT&T around 40 days ago. I checked the battery graph and there is a sudden drop from 100% to 84% within the first 15 minutes after I unplug it.

Charging is taking around 6 hours to fully charge.
The phone does not last me the whole day without recharging it constantly.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain (sudden drop)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain (sudden drop)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's a common issue with Android.

Install some app and you see it drop. For now my advice is to uninstall all apps you can and then some. There is also a chance the battery has begun to fail early. Ask your carrier if they can test that phone for early battery failure.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bonus article about this issue.
- Collapse -
Replace the battery

Some battery performance at low temperatures dropped significantly, especially nickel-cadmium batteries and lithium battery early, it is estimated that your battery is in this situation, this indicates that the battery has reached the end of life, only for.

- Collapse -
A solution

Yep, this was happening to me too, the phone wouldn't last the night with a 70% charge! Looking at the battery graph it was dropping faster switched off than switched on!

I'm pleased to say all I did to fix it was install "JuiceDefender", the free version, from the Play Store.

Apparently its some bug in the battery monitoring code that is calculating the charge dropping 10 times quicker than it should! Anyway, I saw other people saying if you root your phone, change this file, etc, it fixes it. But thats a lot of hassle, easier to install that JuiceDefender for now and wait for an official update (firmware or whatever).

CNET Forums