Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung FX2490HD Setting Reset

Very frustrated right now. Everytime I turn off my TV and turn it back on everything is reset. I dont believe this is the "Store Mode" problem because there are no sub menus on or "lower thirds" being displayed.

Is there some other problem because I have tried the solution of "holding down the menu button for 10 seconds deal" and it doesnt work....help would be much appreciated

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung FX2490HD Setting Reset
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung FX2490HD Setting Reset
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
...continued

In reply to: Samsung FX2490HD Setting Reset

I should have posted an example.

When I shut the Monitor off, I always have it in HDMI (Connected to my PC), and I have the screen to "screen fit mode". The volume is always down and I had whatever custom setting I had on originally.

When I turn the monitor back on, it automatically goes to TV mode, on channel 36 and the volume is always at 60. When I go back to my HDMI connection, I always have to refit the screen size and whatever options i had changed have gone back to default settings.

Collapse -
Samsung FX2490HD Setting Reset

BigDRunnin,

One thing that might be worth trying is going into the plug-and-play set up in the SETUP menu. Essentially, you have to scan for all your channels again (if using OTA) and then a picture settings or audio settings that you set already will have to be readjusted. That said, you will be given the option to select HOME or SHOP mode as well.

If going to the plug-and-play option doesn't work, you may need to contact the Samsung customer service center in your region.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks

Thank you, I will try it when I get home and let you know the results. I have not tried this yet, so maybe this will work

Collapse -
tried, failed

Tried the following recommendation and it didnt work. I called tech support and they basically suggested the same thing, for whatever reason it doesnt keep the settings.

I am using it basically as a monitor for now. I dont know if it makes a difference if i create the settings in an HDMI mode, but it is for sure resetting itself everytime i shut it off.

Also There seems to be a big light next to the power light (little red light). It is never on, I am not sure if that means something either.

Collapse -
FX2490HD Same problem

I just got my FX2490HD yesterday and I have spent hours with the settings over and over agin.
In TV mode, about every 10 min. and also when I turn it off and on again, my settings are all gone and the volume at 60.
It was frustrating enough just to get it calibrated only to have the settings not save.

I've set up a lot of other TVs for others and have had no problems.
This must be a known bug.
I see there is another posting from March 25. Another user with the same problem.
If I can't get a solution to this soon I'll have to return it and find another brand.

Collapse -
FX2490HD Same problem

In reply to: FX2490HD Same problem

Our's was fine for a few months then started re-setting to factory default.

Collapse -
Same problem with UK FX2490HD

Our's was fine for a few months then started re-setting to factory default.

Interestingly I have witnessed it reset while viewing. The picture will go
black & then come back at factory default. In fact an easy test was to turn
of the damn melody & then put it into standby. The melody plays!

I'm having it returned for a replacement, but this is looking like a firmware
upgrade is needed...

We use ours as a Freeview TV and the factory default settings leave an
awful lot to be desired. This is the first Samsung product I have brought
so I'm hoping not to be disappointed & this will get fixed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.